• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Kloakndagr

Well lets see, I finished fixing the cab roof rust issues, reinstalled the cab roof and sides just in case it starts to rain. I wanted to check out my insulation job in the camper so I camped in it last night. Got down to 39 degrees, I survived and so did the truck. Neighbors most likely think I'm a kook for sleeping in it, but that's what makes it fun.

Aerialfred

My first New to me 1971 M35a2 brought home Friday.

:driver:I finally got pictures of my first deuce. It was driven home Friday, and not one problem. Now I just have a lot of studying to do and tools to gather that are necessary for this truck and figure out where other members are in my area. Then maybe we can get together and convoy at least to Louisville, Ky next summer for the MVPA convention.

Attachments

Last edited:

Hainebd

Used mine to beat my head against.. gremlins have a strong hold on it's electrical system, and lord knows what else at this point.
If you are being beat by Deuce electrical then you should buy new and have another drink. Old trucks = bad grounds! bad connections! broken wires! crumbling insulation! Shorts. New car can have same issue if parked in a field for years. Mine is a 1971 and so far starter rebuilt, new alternator, turn signal switch, rear wire harness ( fronts need to be replaced ) rebuilt headlight switch, and replaced every light assembly. All my electrical not resolved but now is drivable as long as it is not raining( wipers not working). Stop baging your head.

Darwin T

drove one of my M35a2s to get tires for my M52a2 from Fuzzy Toaster. great guy. i think i am going to have to change seals, gaskets or bearings in my steering gear box? niticed a new sound as i turned into my driveway. squeeks when i move the steering wheel just and inch or tow. add to the list of to do's.

swindad2

I removed the glass from the old frame as I had a new windshield glass, blasted the frame and noticed lots of various sized pinholes in the metal. I was just going to replace the glass until I discovered that. Bit the bullet and bought a new windshield from C & C Equipment. Very good quality glass and frame, well protected and packed for shipping. I blasted the wiper, wiper arm, air motor and painted them flat black...now to do the other side.
Got my windshield from C & C installed today. Very happy. It is noticeably lighter than the old one, but made well and fits great. I will be buying another one soon.

JCKnife

:driver:I finally got pictures of my first deuce. It was driven home Friday, and not one problem. Now I just have a lot of studying to do and tools to gather that are necessary for this truck and figure out where other members are in my area. Then maybe we can get together and convoy at least to Louisville, Ky next summer for the MPPA convention.
Good-looking truck--where did she come from? I'm near Louisville. What is this MPPA you speak of?

brianp454

I've been through a few rounds of pressure washing and fixing leaks. I've noticed crud, oil, and perhaps fuel inside the front drivers side frame rail and dripping off of it after each cleaning. Pic attached.M35A2 Oil Leak Steering Box.jpg

It seems like there's oil dribbling from between the frame rail and the steering box. I haven't had time to check the TM and haven't found a parts kit from my usual sources. Do any of you have experience with this?

drove one of my M35a2s to get tires for my M52a2 from Fuzzy Toaster. great guy. i think i am going to have to change seals, gaskets or bearings in my steering gear box? niticed a new sound as i turned into my driveway. squeeks when i move the steering wheel just and inch or tow. add to the list of to do's.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed Goodyear G177 1100R20s on mine. Looks great. Looking forward to more time behind the wheel this winter.
Have the NDCC take offs without rims in the classifieds. Also have three "like new" tires on rims for sale.
I"ll post a pic later.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got very worried about a bad oil pressure problem, was dropping way off on idle. Did a little diagnostics then switched out the new sensor for the old original one i had.... all good now. We had only taken the original off because it leaked and that is fixed now. Phew, oil pressure issues scare me.

Did some more lighting etc back in the box.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks