• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

6x6guy

Installed a 2nd fuel tank on one of my trucks, reran the the hand brake cable to accommodate the fuel tank and the mounting and welding of same, working on the electronic crossover switch and fuel lines for same.
So many projects and no time and limited $$$ to do what needs to be done - and
the clock is clicking down.

wsucougarx

Changed out my hoses and belts on the '68. I also decided to add another drain hole to the radiator in the process:-x. My Labor Day project is soldering:p. Oh well, I look at it as another experience point under my belt.

srodocker

i took it in a parade. and should my driving skills going down a one way road with cars on both side and mirrors over the top.

also used the deuce as a designated driver vehicle and had my drunk family in the back going to another house. It was on a island that is 3x5miles with no cops and only a fire station. no one was harmed.

91W350

I fixed two cut instrument panel wiring harnesses. Bled the brakes on two trucks, one was a waste of time as it had a weak flex line, which I replaced, but the master cylinder leaks and the air pack vents brake fluid. I have a new master cylinder coming, the air pack I am not so sure about. I think I will tear it down and see if it is pitted badly, if not, I will rebuild it.

Replaced several return fuel lines and had to rewire the front right of my 68 W/W due to fork lift damage. I also made a new copper fuel line to run between the primary and fuel pump as mine was crushed and severed by the wayward fork. I feel lucky though, somehow they went under the bumper and over the cross member. They missed the radiator and pinned the fuel line and wiring harness into the primary canister. They missed the engine mount. I feel lucky to have escaped as easily as I did. That damage would be very hard to pull off without the bumper extensions on the winch trucks. On the positive side, the bumper extensions keep the chains out of the hood with they push the trucks around with chains hanging on the forks.

I had to rewire the left rear on one, the plugs and wiring looked like it had been burned.

One did not have a throttle spring, I went to the hardware store and found on that was close. I had to do a little trimming and bending, but it works good now.

The learning curve is pretty steep, but armed with the TMs I am getting along pretty good.

I have a PTO linkage problem to figure out and another axle seal to replace. This one is free flowing....ugly! I think I have six steering knuckle boots to replace as well. It will take time, but I will get them road ready eventually. Glen

Happyland1410

This weekend I installed the front mirror supports that had been missing from the passenger side of my deuce. I also replaced a rear axle flange gasket that had been leaking. Finally, today I hooked up my M105A2 trailer to the deuce for the first time. The lights all worked and the only problem was a leaking drain valve on the trailer's air reservoir. I replaced the damaged valve with a 1/4" ball valve and everything seems to work great.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not what I did TO the Deuce, but what I did WITH the Deuce....
(sorry NO pics)

Saturday: Ran errands to the Bank, Farmer's Market to buy a watermelon (45lb Yellow meat - rode home in the passenger seat wearing the seatbelt), Clothing Stores, and Greeting Card Shop.

Sunday: she sat parked next to the driveway looking a lot like a CAT TREE with 4 of our 5-1/2 cats lounging on her.

Monday - Labor Day: Ran to the convenience store to pick up a Gatorade and a RedBull for my step-daughter and her boyfriend and also picked up the morning newspaper (about 1100 hrs).

You can see, the Deuce was a bit BIG for the jobs, but I enjoy just cruising around in it and visiting with those who ask about it. So, I suppose the primary project this weekend was "Community Relations" or MV Hobby Ambassadorship.

Hope every has had a great Labor Day weekend. We sure did!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks