• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Hainebd

Cold weather prep. Turn heater water on, check coolant level and freeze point. Add one quart of cool it to radiator which helps to minimize cavitation and lowers operating temp. Check all fluid levels. Check tires. Close all cab openings. Include blanket in breakdown kit. Be sure all safety gear is proper. Do complete pretrip which takes 45 mins or so. Jack all 6 wheels up to inspect bearings, seals and brakes. Found one wheel cylinder weeping, none in my stock so put back together and order 2. Note to self be sure to have one of everything in my stock before the seasonal prep. Tighten all hose connections I just checked. Add 20 gallons diesel and 5 gallons premium gas to top off tank. The gas thins out the WMO. Plus she runs great. I can smoke the 4 rear tires in 2,3 and 4 gear. Just kidding. She runs better and starts better when it is cold out. Check batteries and all connections. Bats brand new NAPAs $$$$. Done?? Never just getting started.

Hainebd

With WMO that I run in the summer and tank having 15 or so gallons of that mixture and cold weath coming and that He sits a lot the gasoline helps. I use premium due to ethonal content and premium is more stable sitting. I am sure over the winter He will sit for weeks at a time but when I need him I do not want to have starting issues.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And the guy with the red Chevy pickup thought he was COOL !!! LOL , MV's drive the CAR people NUTS ! Love it , way to go , BTW , should have one First place ! Bob k

wilfreeman

And the guy with the red Chevy pickup thought he was COOL !!! LOL , MV's drive the CAR people NUTS ! Love it , way to go , BTW , should have one First place ! Bob k
You got that right! Ours won coolest ride back in May - there were a lot of guys with hot rods that left pissed that day! They will probably add another category next year to keep the $50,000 hotrod owners happy!

RobM36A2

Nice, all those winning trucks [thumbzup]

I know of a Van owner who went complaining to the organisation, because he did not win any prize on that particular event, talk about ego..
the Van is a real showpiece, but not my cup of tea. Everybody needs a chance to win.

red

Lol he won first. Considering that the deuce was not cleaned/prepped for a show I was amazed to win anything haha.

sandcobra164

Me and some friends drove ours 180 miles each way to the GA Rally. Minor issues with my friends trucks but I just drove mine on some trails and had no issues the whole trip. The T831 Firestone tires worked great on the trails and I never had to be pulled out of a mud hole.

SE Jones

Showed her off again this year at Cruisin' the Coast. I was joined again this year by John Spink and his awesome replica Vietnam gun truck, from Denham Springs, LA. Had a great time raising money for WWP. This shot was taken about 5am the first morning. I try to get situated before all the shiny pieces arrive.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks