• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

hilber

Topped of the brake fluid.

changed a head light

changed a blinker/brake light.

Oh by the way. I got it tagged and insured so I could hit the road a running and I did.

I had kept it in the yard and long driveway since recovery at Hutnsville a few weeks ago until I checekd everything over and got all the lights working properly.

CobraCDR

Mine sits, collecting dust back in MN while I'm busy hunting Taliban in Afghanistan. I'm sure the list of catch-up maintenance will be extensive when I get home this winter.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine sits, collecting dust back in MN while I'm busy hunting Taliban in Afghanistan. I'm sure the list of catch-up maintenance will be extensive when I get home this winter.
Thank you, Sir, for your service to this great nation and her people.

Your truck will be glad to see you when you return.

In th meantime, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

John & Dianna

[thumbzup]

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drove it, with a big smile on my face. Turn signal flasher unit is a bit erratic, new fuel gauge and cleaned grounds still make the gauge show 1/2 when empty, but otherwise..a blast.
Air pack seems to work ok (after lubing; it was venting air when the pedal was applied and did not produce a lot of brake support). New pack and MC on the way.

Went off roading (very gently) and the truck sounded as if it had fun, too.

harleyrkc

Pulled and cleaned the a fuel pump. Bled the fuel lines. Pulled the fuel shut off cover and and got the shut off actuator moving agian. Got the truck started for the first time since I picked it up from GL on thursday. Lubed all the doors and I'm going back out after dinner to look into the brakes and check all the fluid levels. :driver:

SteveKuhn

This week and last week and the week before, too: Spent 'way too much time playing with alternative paint and color matching then ordered spray cans (separate post available if you want a very good recipe for OD Semi in acrylic) sanded, killed rust on bed sides from tailgate thru driver's door, and then primed and 1st coated same. Amazing how far 2 cans of Gillespie OD semi goes. Rain comin about the time the other 36 cans will get here from AJP on Tuesday.

Just gonna keep goin' 'round the truck and hopefully I'll run out of truck to paint before I run out of 50 degree weather. Out come the halogen lights for the night sanding.

About the time I get done it'll be time to run it up to the lake house and tarp it.

Steve

shenkmen

what is the name, code or classification of your storage boxs that are slid under your cots? :D
Pretty nifty, ehh?

The NSN is 6545015338202. They are these - Pelican-Hardigg*472-MED-30180802*Medical Supply Trunk

I have a 10 more available for sale.

I'm bringing them to the Gilbert, PA show this weekend.

$60 if you pay cash and pick up in person at the show.

$70 each plus shipping if I'm going to send them to you. Paypal only.

PM me if interested.

Last edited:

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up another deuce last week that im bringing back to life. The previous owner robbed the injection pump and starter off of it but luckily for me I had those parts in stock. Got the starter in and wired and got the injection pump in and timed. Hope to have it running by the weekend.[thumbzup]

SoundGuy

I finally got a deuce and can post something here :razz:

This past week I got my deuce registered. I thought it wouldn't happen. One form that said do not alter had all kinds of stuff scratched out. :confused:
I also adjusted the parking brake and bleed the brakes. I also drove it to a BBQ place called dickeys. I love this truck. I plan on changing both boots soon and hopefully installing an air ps kit soon.

rednckii

Installed screw on filters with adapters. Put in new throttle shutoff cable and oil pressure sending unit. Still buttoning up from wire harness install need to put all my keepers back on. Hopefully next month she be on the road.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks