• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

ralph3162

Hey Ralph, how did you do your battery connections? I converted ours to the civvy 24v alternator and also bought the 12v brackets at the same time, but haven't installed it yet. I was thinking about adding a fuse block under the dash or hood.
3rd battery for 12v system wired to a fuse block under the dash on the passenger side and I distribute power to 12v items from there.

ralph3162

Just to clarify the Inverter is wired directly to the 12v system battery not the fuse block it is a 2000 watt inverter so it draws a lot of amps when using power tools so it is wired in using battery cables not wire. if you look at pictures close you may be able to see the large cables used to wire it in.

Dipstick

I registered Brutus for the annual October Truck Fest at OK 4WD in Stewartsville N.J. Brutus was surrounded by lots of lifted and heavily modified civvy Jeeps and 4wd pickups. Many of which could have been on the cover of any off roading magazine. I had a great time letting all of the boys and girls (with their parents permission) sit in the cab of my truck. I never realized what a big deal it is for kids to sit in the cab of an Army truck. There were tons of smiles. The cool part is that the judges awarded Brutus a Warn Industries sponsored trophy for "Most Functional Off Road Truck." It was the first and only trophy I've ever won in my life. I was speechless. Could not believe it.

welldigger

I registered Brutus for the annual October Truck Fest at OK 4WD in Stewartsville N.J. Brutus was surrounded by lots of lifted and heavily modified civvy Jeeps and 4wd pickups. Many of which could have been on the cover of any off roading magazine. I had a great time letting all of the boys and girls (with their parents permission) sit in the cab of my truck. I never realized what a big deal it is for kids to sit in the cab of an Army truck. There were tons of smiles. The cool part is that the judges awarded Brutus a Warn Industries sponsored trophy for "Most Functional Off Road Truck." It was the first and only trophy I've ever won in my life. I was speechless. Could not believe it.
Congrats dip. Makes you feel good when your toy impresses the judges at a competition.

M35A2TN

Very true Dip, it is amazing how much attention an old rusty piece of OD metal that was abused for most of it's life can receive, bet it lit a fire under those people with $40,000+ rigs.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the front cly head off my m36, now i need 1 intake and 1 exhaust valve, any one have these or a used cly head?
I don't think that any Military Vehicles have ever been produced with "cly heads". In fact, a GOOGLE SEARCH for "cly heads" failed to educate me on what such a critter is.rofl

I suspect that you were using texting abbreviations (which are NOT ALLOWED on the SS Forums) that you might have intended to mean CYLINDER HEADS. (Possibly abbreviated "cyl heads")

Hope this helps others who may have also been a bit confused about your post.

brianp454

WOW, looks like a great time to replace those short coolant hoses that lead from the water pump to the heat exchanger, etc. When I got my truck one of the hoses that came off the intake to the cylinder head leaked and it was a mess to replace without taking other things apart. Hope you can replace the other similar hoses while you are at it. Long term bet you will be glad.

Why did you have to pull the heads and replace gaskets? Which gaskets did you use?

ollied

Had a burnt intake valve, got new head and hoses gaskets from TNJ murry .Great people to deal with ask for Pete. John and co. have got it together.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks