• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

rustystud

003.jpg012.jpg

I got that broken piece out today ! I found the best way to get broken bolts or pipe out is to use a good quality "easy-out" , heat, and lots of Prayer ! Especially the last one !

AZK9

... I got that broken piece out today ! ...
Nice! I bet it's a good feeling of accomplishment!

Today I finally busted free all but three of my 'outside' wheel lug nuts! It's taken me quite a few hours
(on and off) over the past four plus weeks to make progress on these rusted buggers!!

I have to think I might know how you're feeling! :wink:

rustystud

Nice! I bet it's a good feeling of accomplishment!

Today I finally busted free all but three of my 'outside' wheel lug nuts! It's taken me quite a few hours
(on and off) over the past four plus weeks to make progress on these rusted buggers!!

I have to think I might know how you're feeling! :wink:
Yes, I was very happy to not have to pull the injection pump to get it out ! Since it has been terrible weather here lately I would have had the truck disabled till next spring ! I cannot get out there in this cold wet weather without my joints causing me extreme pain. Today we had a 3 hour break, but their warning of 8" of rainfall in the next 3 days.

AZK9

I hope the weather turns in your favor so you can get the worktime you need!

Working outside in bad weather is no fun... that's for sure! Good luck!

Another Ahab

Yes, I was very happy to not have to pull the injection pump to get it out ! Since it has been terrible weather here lately I would have had the truck disabled till next spring ! I cannot get out there in this cold wet weather without my joints causing me extreme pain. Today we had a 3 hour break, but their warning of 8" of rainfall in the next 3 days.
Hey, rustystud, is all of that kind of regular fall weather for you all out there?

Seattle and around there is a rainy place in the fall if I remember right. My brother lived out there for a couple years.

Or is this more nasty/ miserable than normal!?

Last edited:

daytonatrbo

I got plates for my M109A3, and submitted the paperwork to obtain a title.

If I can get a chance to R&R the lift pump, and swap out my bad injector line, I should be in good shape to sell her once the title comes back.

LHoward

I pulled a friend out of the creek we told him to satay to the left but he went to the right side and well it did not work out for him he had water in his dashboard so I went and pulled him out.

Another Ahab

I pulled a friend out of the creek we told him to satay to the left but he went to the right side and well it did not work out for him he had water in his dashboard so I went and pulled him out.
We had lots of those guys in Basic at Great Lakes; it scrambled up a lot of our marching drills:

- The "Other Left" crowd

But, it all works out (you know +/-). :mrgreen:

rustystud

Hey, rustystud, is all of that kind of regular fall weather for you all out there?

Seattle and around there is a rainy place in the fall if I remember right. My brother lived out there for a couple years.

Or is this more nasty/ miserable than normal!?
It's been a bit worse this year. We had a great summer, so I guess we must pay for it ! Right now there is a storm front coming down from Alaska that is hitting us right now. It's expected to last 3 or 4 days. With a total rain-fall of 8 inches. Normally it just drizzles all the time. Kinda like England. But when it is raining "like a cow pissing on a flat rock" then you don't get nothing done outside. Plus the temps drop. I know a lot of places in this country have cold weather, but when it's raining and cold that's just miserable !
Plus all the metal parts in my body starts to radiate out all my body heat !

Last edited:

rustystud

Hello rustystud, And consider tenting your machine, we do that when we have to repair rooftop A/C units in inclement weather...
I have thought about buying one of those portable garages, but for that kind of money it would be almost cheaper to build a carport and drape the sides with cheap tarps and use the propane heater.

Ratchetop

Today I by passed the FDC and wow! What a difference. I got my antique plates this week and have put a little over 250 mile on my deuce since I got it. I changed the trans and transfer case lube yesterday. Tomorrow I will check valve adjustment if it's not raining. I took my wife out to eat in the deuce and had a blast.

rustystud

That expression is new to me, and it's good; thanks for the laugh! :lol:
You would call them "micro-bursts" of rainfall. The rain falls so hard and fast it actually hurts you. And if you've ever seen a cow piss especially on a hard flat surface you would know what I mean !
I was given a first hand lesson from my rotten cousins ! We where visiting my mothers family at the farm and it was getting late. My uncle told his kids to bring in the cows so my father volunteered me to help. I was only 9 at the time. So we where all herding in the cows and I couldn't get mine to move in the right direction. So my smartass cousin told me to get "behind" the cows as this made them want to move. So being very trusting at that age I got behind this stupid cow and started to switch her to move. Well she just upped and pissed about 5 gallons of urine and when that hit the ground it went right up at me ! And can you believe it, my father got mad at me for smelling like a outhouse ! My cousins almost all died from laughing so hard ! I'm talking about you Erik ! My uncle was the only one who took pity on me and helped me get cleaned up. Never really liked cousin Erik much. Of course cousin Brian got me to piss on a electric fence once. But I did forgive him, much later though. My mother had 4 brothers and one sister who all had about 5 kids each. I have a lot of cousins, and that's just from my mothers side ! All where farmers or loggers.
Man did I ever go down the memory rabbit hole ! Sorry guys !

Katavic918

Today I by passed the FDC and wow! What a difference. I got my antique plates this week and have put a little over 250 mile on my deuce since I got it. I changed the trans and transfer case lube yesterday. Tomorrow I will check valve adjustment if it's not raining. I took my wife out to eat in the deuce and had a blast.
What did bypassing the fdc do? They are fun little toys aren't they?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks