• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Ratchetop

Removed the transmission

I removed the trans today. Got it disassembled and found second gear burned up. I looked on Memphis Equipment and didn't see where they had them. Anyone know where to get a modified second gear?

Attachments

Seth_O

Had a bit of an issue this weekend. I installed the Ross HF54 a couple of years ago and was surprised to see how darty it got after the mod. I installed 4* shims and that helped, but it was still too darty to be comfortable. I got a used set of spring perches a few months ago and drilled them out for flipping.

I tore into the spring mounts to put in the 'new' perches and found that my axle was off-centered. I spent all of friday evening and saturday morning trying to get it moved over. I ended up sticking the nose into the garage where the floor is polished concrete and smoother. I had to lift the truck by the bumper with the engine hoist (pretty sure I maxed my hoist out), put a car jack under each leaf spring, a racing jack under the pumpkin, I had a car dolly under the d-side tire, and a chain host attached to the garage support and winching the axle towards the p-side. Fortunately that did the trick.

Ultimately the axle went from -4* caster in the original configuration to 0* with the shim to now +4* with the perches reversed. Truck did quite a bit better on the shakedown run, but still not quite as tight as I would like.

I also installed a NOS passenger seat cover. Thanks to @Evil Dr. Porkchop for a good part at a great price and quick shipping.

Also made some progress on my heater installation. A bunch of parts got OD Green in preparation for installation. Just need to figure out where (exactly) in the cab I want to mount the box. Its been shortened 4".

Attachments

pitpawten

Sweet what kind of lap times did you turn in the Deuce? :wink:
Of course the Stig shows up to ask that :)

The PO of my truck ran it on the 1/4 mile, slow as sin, but he was running against another deuce so actually pulled a win :) There's video of it somewhere here on the site.

If you actually ran yours post up the times.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks