• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M353 gen trailer belongs to ROY THE TERROR, who is a steel soldiers member in Loxahatchee. Yes it sure does bounce. inn these pic you see Roy (with a cap) helping me and the General ( a member from Hollywood, florida) starting to remove a fuel injector pump...

Attachments

FloridaAKM

I brought my Deuce to work to make sure she was running right after the 500 mile trip in February. She still is running like a sewing machine @ all speeds with no more missing that just popped up & went away during the trip! The weather is great for the morning ride in & the afternoon ride home, 50 in the morning & 75 in the afternoon with no clouds in the sky! Florida weather is almost like heaven in the spring!

rustystud

If you do end up employing explosives, please remember that WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN..... Wear head protection.

K A B O O M !!!
That is so true ! When I was building my present house I needed to make a road into here. The dozer did a good job of clearing but there where 15 stumps that it could not budge. Some where over 5ft across good old Douglas Fir and Western Red Cedar. So I had a blaster come in to blow them up. My neighbor came over to see what was going on. After the fifth stump my neighbor said "hey, lets add a lot more of that powder you got there to this hole" . So the blaster guy said why not. So he doubled the amount and we went and hide by some trees. When that stump blew it went so high into the air I couldn't see it. Then it was like getting hit by incoming artillery ! All this rock and wood came raining down on use ! We ran like gut shoot deer to get away ! What is so funny about this whole incident is that my neighbors house got hit by the debris 1/8th mile away and he had to repair his hot tub which took a direct hit ! He later tried to have me pay the cost of repair. I of course reminded him it was "HIS" bright idea to have the guy double the amount of explosive in the first place. He still talks about how "I" damaged his hot tub ! This was 25 years ago !

daytonatrbo

That is so true ! When I was building my present house I needed to make a road into here. The dozer did a good job of clearing but there where 15 stumps that it could not budge. Some where over 5ft across good old Douglas Fir and Western Red Cedar. So I had a blaster come in to blow them up. My neighbor came over to see what was going on. After the fifth stump my neighbor said "hey, lets add a lot more of that powder you got there to this hole" . So the blaster guy said why not. So he doubled the amount and we went and hide by some trees. When that stump blew it went so high into the air I couldn't see it. Then it was like getting hit by incoming artillery ! All this rock and wood came raining down on use ! We ran like gut shoot deer to get away ! What is so funny about this whole incident is that my neighbors house got hit by the debris 1/8th mile away and he had to repair his hot tub which took a direct hit ! He later tried to have me pay the cost of repair. I of course reminded him it was "HIS" bright idea to have the guy double the amount of explosive in the first place. He still talks about how "I" damaged his hot tub ! This was 25 years ago !
My grandfather had some rock blasted near his house a LONG time ago. He hired a buddy that just happened to be the best guy in the area.

His neighbor came over in a panic after hearing the first couple charges go off. He was absolutely convinced that his house would be damaged, despite being more than a 1/4 mile away.

After arguing for a few minutes the blaster finally says something to the effect of "this is how I know your house is safe" and proceeds to climb on top of the blast mat and detonate.

He rose up a couple feet in the air and came back down with hardly a hair out of place.

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,....

Taking mine to a gun show tomorrow!

Aussie.
G'day Mate! I used to live in Woomera, SA back in 1995-1997. I didn't know they had gun shows anymore after that bloke went trigger happy in Hobart in 1996. I remember the Aussie's calling in the radio station I listened to and complaining that the government couldn't take away their gun rights. Sadly, the DJ had to explain to many of them that there is no 2nd Amendment Down Under, the government considers guns a privilege and they decided to take that privilege away. People I knew got letters in the mail saying to bring their guns (make, model, serial # listed on the letter - what a national gun registry allows) down to the local police station to turn them in. Failure to comply would result in fines and arrest. I was glad to get back to the USofA so I can carry my pistol under my shirt & not worry about arrest. Sorry, flashback.

Enjoy the trip to the gun show. Does your Deuce have right hand drive? That would be cool to see one.:driver:

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

G'day Mate! I used to live in Woomera, SA back in 1995-1997. I didn't know they had gun shows anymore after that bloke went trigger happy in Hobart in 1996. I remember the Aussie's calling in the radio station I listened to and complaining that the government couldn't take away their gun rights. Sadly, the DJ had to explain to many of them that there is no 2nd Amendment Down Under, the government considers guns a privilege and they decided to take that privilege away. People I knew got letters in the mail saying to bring their guns (make, model, serial # listed on the letter - what a national gun registry allows) down to the local police station to turn them in. Failure to comply would result in fines and arrest. I was glad to get back to the USofA so I can carry my pistol under my shirt & not worry about arrest. Sorry, flashback.

Enjoy the trip to the gun show. Does your Deuce have right hand drive? That would be cool to see one.:driver:

Your right, we don't have a 2'nd Amendment down here but we sure do need one!

What happened in Tassie was really bad (and show why people should be able to carry) and followed by a tyranny inflicted on law abiding people,....

Also a case in point as to why you should NEVER let you guns be registered.

No, my Deuce is unmodified, it is still left hand drive.

Woomera eh?

Did you work at the missile range perhaps?

Aussie.

pitpawten

God bless the USA.
And all the men and women that have fought and died for our freedom ...
True this ^ and pray that He continues to preserve it for future generations.

Seriously I feel for you aussie brothers on this one. We yanks have a bit of a kindred feeling for you guys; big open spaces, fiercely independent hard working people with big hearts, a can-do spirit of ingenuity...our brothers across the sea :)

At least you can enjoy your big Green toys!

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Just got back from the gun show, I have pics of some interesting stuff but not MV related,....

I did take video of me driving the Deuce over a mountain up a really steep road to avoid wet stacking but the video seems to have turned out really bad, grainy and out of focus for some reason, I set it to hi-def.

I think it may be the SD card isn't able to handle it set on hi-def so I can't post that unfortunately.

The Deuce attracted a bit of interest outside the show but I was so busy answering questions that I forgot to take pics.....

Oh and I got the fitting I needed so I can attach my air hose to the air line under the passenger side glove box so now I can use the on board air to pump up the tyres as needed, and some did.

Aussie

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks