• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

mattburgey

drove it home 200 miles to its new home!!! 1stmv ive bought m109a3 18hrs 10000 miles. needing to find some fellow 2 1/2 ton folks in knoxville.

mattburgey

drove it home 200 miles to its new home!!! 1stmv ive bought m109a3 18hrs 10000 miles. needing to find some fellow 2 1/2 ton folks in knoxville.

SteveKuhn

Made the 10 minute job of installing Jatonka spin on oil filters into a 3 day #@$%$# %^%^*&!!!!.

Make sure you don't have a 2nd gasket hiding in the mounting holes when you remove your stock filters.

Now to clean the 2 gals of RotellaT stain off my sidewalk and degrease the engine compartment and suspension. If you plan to lose that much, have 40 lbs of sand, 20 lbs of kitty litter and 3 gals of degreaser ready. Don't run up and down the basement steps cursing like I did.

Steve

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Changed the rear brake lines to epoxy coated brake line and changed the rubber line also. going to do the front axle next weekend.

Seth_O

Congrat's! Sounds like a nice truck, I'd love an M109 someday. Gotta' get a few kids out of the house first.

And welcome to the madness.....

surplus mike

bought my deuce last weekend.

ordered new mud flaps, wiper blades, spin on oil & fuel filter kits. hoping to install it all next weekend if it comes in the mail by then.

also, worked on one of the dog bones & put a nice box of tools in the driver side tool storage area. heading back out now to grease all the fittings and attach a wheel chock with small chain near the driver side cab.

the addiction has started !!!!!!!!!

SMOKEWAGON66

Well today I adjusted the valve lash...I set the intakes to .015 and exhaust to .025 and it seemed to run a smidge smoother. There were a couple that were way loose and one that was too tight. It was a little bit more of an undertaking then I anticipated but then, everything I do on the truck is LOL...but anyways, luckily the valve cover gaskets were not ruined and I could re-use them. I had to remove the radiator to be able to turn the motor over since I didnt have a soldier B to assist me. Only took me about 3 hours so not too shabby. I tried to take pics but my phone camera didnt want to work.

Darwin T

Cut it up for scrap and parted out the good stuff.

this is like going to the PETA web site and talking about how good the deer you shot last week tastes.

two new front tires and zip tied up the wires on the extra set of lights. moved the wires so when i have the low beams on only the low beams on the set of headlight is on in the A3 buckets not the standard a2 spot. works great! :driver: however, if i hit the high beams all 4 lights come on full blast. :twisted: still waiting on the rest of the wiring to finish the job right. drove it to work this morning to test it out.

Attachments

Katahdin

I gutted the interior of my M109 box. I think I've got a few more weeks of things to do ahead of me. :cookoo:

Attachments

ABN173

What did you do to your deuce this week?:

1. Bought it from GSA.
2. Friends making the recovery later this week.
3. I am still deployed so I won't even see it for about another month.
4. Painting it will be high on the priorities list

I'll know more after srodocker, and AN/ARC186 check her out for me.

-Dale

Attachments

crazywelder72

I need some help, i'm new on the site and i cant find how to create a new thread. anyhow my first m35a2 is in route to my home today and the seller just informed me the fan belt broke this morning while loading up on the flatbed. its a 72 kaiser with the Hercules 456-t. i know i can bring the broken one to a napa and have it measured but i wanted to have the new one when it arrived. i tried searching the site to narrow it down but it didnt work.. i have a feeling i will have more questions but this is what i need answered now. thanks in advance

ABN173

"... Painting it will be high on the priorities list..."

Why?
:wink:

Steve
Well some would leave it red, not for me though. This truck is a 1971 so it may or may not have seen service in Vietnam. My first tour in the army I deployed with 24th INF (M) to Desert Storm. I could retire this year but I'm going to stick around for one more tour. So my idea is to fix her up as a Desert Storm truck, before I retire. I have a lead on a M54A2C for a gun truck project once I get back.

-Dale

Last edited:

ABN173

I need some help, i'm new on the site and i cant find how to create a new thread. anyhow my first m35a2 is in route to my home today and the seller just informed me the fan belt broke this morning while loading up on the flatbed. its a 72 kaiser with the Hercules 456-t. i know i can bring the broken one to a napa and have it measured but i wanted to have the new one when it arrived. i tried searching the site to narrow it down but it didnt work.. i have a feeling i will have more questions but this is what i need answered now. thanks in advance
Welcome to the site, I know more about cucv's than the Deuce. But I can steer you in the right direction:

1. first read this: Deuce - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite
(it has general info some parts list and TM links)
2. Go here: The Deuce - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite
(look near top of page for "new thread" button this will allow you to start a new thread.

Perhaps someone else can provide the belt part numbers too

-Dale

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome!

1) the engine will do fine without the fan running for loading/unloading, provided there is coolant in it.

2) to post, you have to be logged in and find the "New Thread" button to the left underneath all the discussion topics on the forum page The Deuce - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

3) on the same page, you notice that the first topics are "stickies" - they contain useful info and are always on top. One of them is a parts quick reference spreadsheet that is highly useful and answers your question: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoJuiPMjMpsVdEZxUEc2WlFuUHY5MlloS2VMYXlTQlE#gid=0

Please also download the Technical Manuals (TM) from this site. Here is the link:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-tms/77607-tms-deuce.html

Especially the "repair manuals" are excellent ("-34" series) and have step-by-step instructions with pictures for whichever job you need to do. Invaluable. It is a good idea to familiarize yourself with these manuals at least to the point where you know how to find stuff in them!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spent last week prepping the truck for a fresh paint job. Today was finally time for the first coat. I went from a 3 tone camo look back to factory. I still have along way to go but the hard part is done. :eek:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks