• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

steelandcanvas

Some AF knucklehead tore up the bumper pretty good by not paying attention to where the wire rope ends and the chain starts on the winch line. I got a used replacement bumper and found out all the holes don't line up for an easy install, so last night I removed all the bolts in the front bumper, and started from scratch to attach the bumper, again. It was secure, and wasn't going anywhere, but the Club Members kept bugging me about getting all the bolts installed. Between alignment pins, a big hammer and a drill, we gotter done.

Kohburn

plasma cut a few square holes in the frame and used carriage bolts to mount a free class4 hitch with a 10" drop stinger.

now i just have to wire up a 24v to 12v relay box for the trailer wiring.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found a new shop that would do state safety inspections and not attempt to force false laws on me by requiring running lights and clearance lights be installed all over the truck. I've had it confirmed in person by a state Trooper, and on the phone with the Department of Public Safety Admin, that I in fact do not need the extra lights since it is not used commercially and it has all the stock equipment.

I also had the shop fix a cracked lower 'j-pipe' exhaust and install my Dynomax muffler (P/N 24216). They were able to find a complete drop in j-pipe that was already painted O.D. [thumbzup] (cheaper and more reliable than fabricating one up!)

And last week I changed the oil and installed some cool spin-on oil filters.

Attachments

Last edited:

DeucesWild11

Thanks for the vid Valence! Sounds great.. I needed a closeup of the mirrors on that side as I just got a new set like that to replace my missing one.. Needed to see where all the rods go. Perfect! Thanks!!

And to keep with the thread.. I drove the heck out of my Deuce this weekend, now that the brakes are 100%..a weekend of fun instead of work..

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the vid Valence! Sounds great.. I needed a closeup of the mirrors on that side as I just got a new set like that to replace my missing one.. Needed to see where all the rods go. Perfect! Thanks!!

And to keep with the thread.. I drove the heck out of my Deuce this weekend, now that the brakes are 100%..a weekend of fun instead of work..
Hah, you bet! Do you need pictures looking from the rear looking forward (since those pictures, minus the end of the video, are from the front looking rearward)?

I need more... "excuses" to drive my deuce, because I tend not to drive it much with so much impatient drivers turning in front of me, or not letting me move over when I need to make a left hand turn. So it's awesome you got more playing in than working :wink:

Oh, I've also put the primer coat on the hardware that I shall use to install my Blackout lights on the interior of my truck (the other 2 coats of the black and O.D. paint to come this week).

Seth_O

Installed IR headlights into the bumper, now im just waiting for mor connectors to show up so I can wire them.
What did you use to drill the holes in your bumper? I want to do something similar but with fog lights on mine. Just the thought of drilling through that bumper though is making me shudder.

lawdog1623

ooooooh where to start...ok...here goes. (deep breath). I used a braided stainless cup brush on a grinder to remove (cough) the old carc and rust (cough, cough) around the entire windshield frame(cough). I then primed it with duplicolor od green self etching primer. I installed new old stock window frames with glass and mounting channels with new black automotive silicone. I also replaced the wiper blades and arms with new old stock. After that i refinished the windshield support struts and painted them with primer. I (cough, cough) stripped the entire grille and refinished it in od primer. Next i removed the doors, refinished and primed the door and hood hinges. Im not sure why im coughing so bad. :grin::grin: I took pictures of the entire process for a detailed thread at a later date but the truck looks amazing so far. Tomorrow the cab top and hood are coming off to be refinished and primed in od green as well. I also hope to hang the new doors that have been patiently waiting in the shop while the old ones clung to the last thread on a few rusty bolts. Anyone know where i got this cough? :lol::lol:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

lawdog1623

actually, i was...im l.e.o. i was wearing a full face msa cbrn mask with new filter and i showered regularly...as opposed to my usual once a month whether i need it or not

lawdog1623

i looked it up and it didnt say exactly but my standard cbrn mask should filter the stuff. im figuring if itll filter gas chemical agents itll take care of larger carc particulate....am i right?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thinking you're good.

I appreciate your humor with inserted "(cough)'s", but I saw the little red flag.

I'm not sure of all the specs for the CARC-dust nor the filters, but I'm thinking like you - The chemical mask should have caught the particulate.

Thanks for taking SAFETY seriously.

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks