• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

SMOKEWAGON66

...BTW Smoke, I forgot to show ya the dang ambulance light bar that came in the back of my truck. It's got 5 rotators, alley lights, a single amber flasher facing rear, and it works. I'm thinking mancave item! lol [thumbzup]

:shock: ...darn that sounds cool. Its all good though, Like I said, Im sure we will cross paths again.... 'cuz I forgot the mudflaps LOL... rofl

:beer:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don, got some better pics of that hitch? Need to get something fabbed for mine. Got in some door handles with locks from Mills supply. Was gonna install tonight, but it looks like rain. Need to bead blast the chrome off first too.
Caliber1,

Here is a few pics from the oddball thread: Post 22: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members-rides/66256-oddballs-m109-w-trailer.html

Chris fabed it so it is removable if needed. I pulled a caboose down a private track last fall to its final resting place with the hitch. If you have any questions call/pm Chris "oddball", I am sure he will point you in the right direction.

Attachments

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WESTACH EGT pyrometer boost gauge

I mounted a WESTACH combo gauge EGT/Boost pressure. Westach was great; they even coloured the temperature scale green/yellow/red as per my specs.

K-Probe with 1/8 NPT fitting is pre-turbo in the rear half of the common manifold. Boost fitting threaded into the 1/8 hole in the intake manifold that was closed with a pipe plug. Very convenient.

The stock wire length of the K-Probe is just not long enough to get to the pod. An extension should be ordered with the probe. The boost hose is plenty long.

I did not have time tonight to hook up the gauge lighting and paint the pod. Pod sits on the steering column, attached by a stainless steel worm clamp. Yes, it needs paint.

Turned fuel up; I get boost under load up to 14-15 psi and EGT can climb to 1200. Hauled 4 tons of gravel and having the instrument was interesting.

I was wrong 50% of the time when I "felt" the engine was working hard and thought I was on top of things.
EGT can get real high quickly and I did not even suspect it.
The EGT gauge is a crystal clear pointer...lift the foot a smidgen and watch the EGT drop.

If you are interested, here is some parts info:

- Gauge: 3C86T9; modified to show green colour from 400-1000, yellow from 1000-1200 and red from 1200 to 1800.
- hose and wires 10ft (standard is 7ft)
- matching K- thermocouple 1/8 NPT
- 329-24 resister for 24 volts to run the lights

I dealt with "Pete" from Westach who was nice and knowledgeable.

Attachments

Last edited:

willy

what did I do to my deuce

I raised the bows by 10 inch
So I can walk inside the truck then put in 2 Beds and have a diesel heater ready
For going on the Alcan HWY trip also greased the wheel Brg.
And I got 6 395/ big tires
Willy

I finally got the M105 in the bed of my deuce jacked up in the front enough for the pintle ring to clear the rear cab wall a couple days ago, and today I hooked a cable and strap from the trailer to a good stout palm tree and dragged the trailer back about 15 inches to clear the back wall of the cab and got my hard top that SMOKEWAGON66 hooked me up with mounted on the cab. As soon as I got it bolted down, my wife's aunt showed up to get us for dinner. I'll get some pics of the deuce tomorrow and post for ya'll to have a peek.
:driver:

Deucenut

Checked the brake fluid and put the cargo cover on. Did an roll under and checked the front axle boots. Adjusted the mirrors and got everything ready to license the girl next week. I love the deuce.

ryan77

I ground 20lbs of surface rust from the bed, Replaced the hard top seals, sanded down the front and picked up 2 gal of carc for the paint job!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks