• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

pegasus55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced spare tire/wheel.
Replaced primary fuel filter, secondary fuel filters, and both oil filters with Jatonka spin on adapters and WIX filters.
Changed engine oil and added 20% Lucas oil conditioner.
Installed LED clearance lights on bed corners.
Added 12v sockets under the dash so I can charge my cell phone, flashlight and stuff.
Replaced broken globe on one of the clearance lights and installed branch guards on both of them.
Replaced shear pin on the winch pto.

SMOKEWAGON66

Got mostly done with my troop seat replacements. I used redwood so it will last longer and be less likely to warp. Once they are sanded smooth I will paint them along with the bed so. I only did one side and the front this weekend, and once I get two more seat brackets, I will finish the rest. Easier job then I thought it would be lol.

I would have finished it this weekend, but I spent about 6 hours yesterday trying to get my tractor out of my garage...what a mess let me tell you...

Attachments

ryan77

Looks good i did mine in pine! The orginals were a combo of pine and cedar! I put four layers of carc on them and burned the old ones which fell apart as soon as i unbolted them!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340587083.093066.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1340587120.682008.jpg

johnh uk

Hey ryan77, I'm betting the dashboard shot was taken with an iPhone. How did I know you ask? I get the edge of my finger when I take pics of my deuce interior with my iPhone too! LMAO!
I feel so much better now I know SS members use stripey crew seat covers !:whistle:
Mine look like raghead prayer mats, however they do prevent me from carrying out my own vasectomy without anasthaetic I guess !rofl

I am going to have to teach myself how to take better pics, **** camera didn't save pics of me towing an ice cream truck out of the mud at last sunday's gala show...not the cameras fault it was the operator...me:cookoo:

RGS20inophir

Opened up the top end of the tranny to look at the synchros on the A2, put it all back together, drove it over 400 miles, towbared back a gasser, and started cleaning the gasser so I can go through it.

I feel so much better now I know SS members use stripey crew seat covers !:whistle:
In my own defense, the "stripey seat cover" is an old towel that the previous owner wrapped around the bare foam as the upholstery canvas rotted away from sitting in the elements with no top on the truck for god-only-knows how long. I never even saw the passenger seat untill I got the trailer dragged back to put the roof on. I folded the passenger seat up, saw the towel and almost instantly got a headache.
:doh:
I fully intend to re-upholster the passenger seat too, but I'll have to find a couple more ODG duffel bags to butcher to get it done. :mrgreen:

RECONJON

Got the windshield glass replaced and put the window assembly back in the truck. Cheap fix $50 at local glass shop. While the glass was out, I grinded down a few rust spots and refinished the windhshield frame. Not to bad for a newbie. And to think I had all that anxiety over the broken glass, so easily fixed.

Frag Out!

:grd:

SMOKEWAGON66

Got the windshield glass replaced and put the window assembly back in the truck. Cheap fix $50 at local glass shop. While the glass was out, I grinded down a few rust spots and refinished the windhshield frame. Not to bad for a newbie. And to think I had all that anxiety over the broken glass, so easily fixed.

Frag Out!

:grd:

...50 bucks at a local glass shop aint bad. That is safety glass right?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks