• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

RobM36A2

Me and a friend went searching for a IP in his storage. After a few hours we found it and the next day it went to the shop where my deuce is at.
The M36 is in the shop for an oilchange and inspection/MOT (how do you guys call it?).. The guy overthere was breaking his head over the leaking IP, so now he has a good one.
Tomorrow I'm going to call how it is going, the inspection/MOT-date is expired, and I don't want any fines. Plus, I want to drive this sunday..

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd been planning on removing about a dozen old Japanese yews from the front of the house and putting in azaleas. Found the azaleas I wanted and thought I'd yank the yews with the F150...not! Might have worked if I'd had a pallet of concrete in the back. So.....got the deuce out of storage and removed the offending greenery with great precision and little effort. Took about an hour; spent more time hooking up and repositioning chains than pulling, much to the amusement of the neighbors. They knew I had the truck but this was its first trip to the house. Lots of gawkers; lots of smiles.

Now I have to build new lattice panels to replace the old rotted ones that are now visible. Sigh.....

Attachments

Riktord

I'd been planning on removing about a dozen old Japanese yews from the front of the house and putting in azaleas. Found the azaleas I wanted and thought I'd yank the yews with the F150...not! Might have worked if I'd had a pallet of concrete in the back. So.....got the deuce out of storage and removed the offending greenery with great precision and little effort. Took about an hour; spent more time hooking up and repositioning chains than pulling, much to the amusement of the neighbors. They knew I had the truck but this was its first trip to the house. Lots of gawkers; lots of smiles.

Now I have to build new lattice panels to replace the old rotted ones that are now visible. Sigh.....
It's always fun to do this. Just let out the clutch, tug a bit and roll on the throttle. Pulled down and ran over many a Mesquite and Small Evergreen this way.

Hainebd

I installed new steering wheel, no more cracks. Installed springer seat and companion seat. Got three tires re-tubed. Picked up winch, in the back of my pickup, need to get old bumper off and install winch. Ordered hardware for winch install.

Dipstick

I changed my non-working Tstat and all hoses except for the lower. Big mistake. It leaks now that my engine gets warm. Gonna have to replace that. Got into at least four separate conversations while working on it. Turned some heads when my son and I pulled into Chick Filet with it. Caught up to and passed three loaded triaxle dumps from a light in the left lane hammer down in 5th. I felt like king of the road for a second. I'm sure the truckers had a good laugh.

tokarev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Knocked out a few small things - Installed locking door handles (those are sweet), Replaced broken cable on spare tire lift, installed jerry can holder and installed the bottom grill screen/bars.

Thrust

In the last few weekends I removed some pecan trees with my Deuce. They died during a freeze shortly after I had transplanted them. I'm replacing them so I could not just cut them down. I would push them first then pull them out of the ground. One with a large root ball gave me some trouble but just because I had to chip away the dirt after it was out. It was fun work and easy for the deuce.

IMG_2994 1.jpgIMG_2999 1.jpgIMG_3002 1.jpgIMG_3006 1.jpgIMG_3014 1.jpgIMG_3015 1.jpg

DeucesWild11

Drove mine to work on Monday, the first nice day of weather. A 70 mile round trip and she ran great! Stopped off at the local marina because a guy on CL had a boat with water mixed in the gas. That was a free 50 gallons or so which will mix nicely with my WMO.

RobM36A2

Picked my M36 up from the shop today, half way home we had a stop planned. about 1 mile before the stop, it started running on 5 cilinders and losing power.
At our stop (my friends shop), we opened the hood, to find the nr1 pressure line squirting fuel like crazy..
We screwed the line off, shortened it a bit and re-installed it. Major leak is over, now it is slowly dripping. I guess I have to get some new lines, because the nr. 2 is also going bad.
You fix one thing, other one breaks.. Still love the mean green machine :p

caliber1

Where you guys getting those awesome handles at??? LMAO, installed my new starter twice this weekend. Seems that if one has been in storage for a while....that you need to open the solenoid up and clean the crud off the contact disc. Needed to do some bench presses anyways. :beer:

Knocked out a few small things - Installed locking door handles (those are sweet), Replaced broken cable on spare tire lift, installed jerry can holder and installed the bottom grill screen/bars.

Installed new door handles :-D

View attachment 420022

RECONJON

Hello to all, its been a long cold and snowy one here, had to rescue my wife from work during the blizzard and another winter storm ... in the deuce. 40" fell not far from here, we only got 33 inches on our yard. I hope everyone is well and look forward to another spring and summer fun wit green things.
Over the past weekends we have been doing some work to the kids jeep, so "Betsy Ross" was moved to the side of the garage. After moving her back I noticed a small piece of metal sticking out of the tire. Inner rear rear. Soft as a grape, and it began. I pulled the rear rear wheels off and put the spare on and put the dual back together, my first journey here. So I have the soft wheel off, got a tube from local tire distributor borrowed the whale tail sledge and beat it up. While it was apart I figured some fresh paint was in order. I put a small patch inside the tire, re-tubed and re-collared the tire and put it all back together, aired it up to 45 psi and smiled. Success is sweet, as minor task as this now appears to be, it was my first tire repair, the whole process only took a few hours mostly paint dry time. photo (4).jpgphoto (2).jpgphoto (3).jpgphoto (5).jpgDSC08102.jpgDSC08103.jpgDSC08104.jpgDSC08106.jpgDSC08109.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Dipstick

I replaced the coolant and all of the coolant hoses on my Deuce. The lower radiator hose at the water pump is almost impossible to get at. I found that by removing the radiator it was easy to get the lower hose on. I secured the upper and lower hoses to the engine and then put the radiator back in and connected the hoses to it. Pretty easy. 20130409_140056 SMALL.jpg20130409_140118 SMALL.jpg

Kloakndagr

1. Recovered duece in sac.
2. New tubes in all 10 tires
3. Drove home 270 miles
4. Emergency jump start at Hwy 99/Turlock rest stop, thanks to previous owner swapping NEW batteries with 5 year old POS batteries after test drive one week prior. Classy guy huh? Thanks to two strangers I got a jump from a trucker, wouldn't take my money. Super nice guy! Made up for my disappointment by previous owners actions.
5. Ordered new filters all the way round.
6. Purchased and installed two new batteries.
7. Removed hard top for rust repairs
8. Gave truck a much needed bath after years of neglect, she's in good hands now.
9. Cleaned our "camper" rear.
10. Ordered new LED tail light from Ziggy.
11. Troubleshot dash light, will get new bulbs in the AM.
12. And that's just this week, I'm gonna sandblast the roof and patch some rust damage and start prepping for paint.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Bought this deuce, the duals were dirty and I couldn't get them clean enough in the area between the inner and outer.

IMAG0499.jpgIMAG0500.jpg

So I pulled them all off and cleaned them This made me feel better, but I went ahead and serviced all the rear hubs. I guess they needed to be clean too.

IMAG0483.jpgIMAG0486.jpgIMAG0487.jpgIMAG0491.jpgIMAG0492.jpgIMAG0498.jpg

Dipstick

Nice looking brakes! I finally got both my air wiper motors to work together in harmony. I adapted Trico civy blades to fit as well.
Then, I drove Brutus to work. He still had 80 psi air after sitting for ten hours. Is that good?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks