• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ottawa-20130426-00052.jpgAhhhh...spring is coming. QUEEN LOLA is out of storage and back on the road! She is oozing on the front axle. Probably time to do the front axle stepXstep procedure....

Started up lika a champ, good brakes and everything works. One cannot ask for more on a 40 year old truck.

swindad2

Finally cleaned all the windows inside and out, scraping off all the CARC. Replaced all 4 battery terminals (Thanks 197thhhc for the deal). Waiting on my replacement air pack to get here so I can get the brakes working properly before I mount the remote brake reservoir (also from 197thhhc). Just hope my MC works after I bolt on the air pack.

Last edited:

Kloakndagr

1. Changed the oil and filters
2. Fuel filters
3. Air filter
4. Sealed seams that were leaking on the van shelter
5. Patched two holes on the van shelter
6. Painted chassis saver on the winch chain, tailgate chain and the rusted top. I'm trying to save it before I shell out $$ for a replacement.
7. Installed missing fuel tank screen.
8. Removed data plates in prep for painting
9. Reinstalled low air buzzer.

this next week is pressure wash duece, more paint prep and PM on truck.

Last edited:

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, we all do these things once in a while. You can always turn the nozzle and squirt the biker beside you.
If you leave the passenger windshield open, it gets them perfectly.

Took her out, worked on the roof leak around the hatch. Sealed it but still a small leak.

Measured up for the new bracket for the Onan generator to go on drivers side. Also measured for rails to go around roof for storage. Added cabinets for gun storage, starting on fitting workbench etc.

2013-04-27 23.21.40.jpg2013-04-27 23.41.08.jpg2013-04-27 21.39.52.jpg2013-04-28 16.42.08.jpg

hunderliggur

My "new to me" deuce arrived at my farm this weekend thanks to atankersdad. Getting tags this week so I get get on the road. One problem though, the smaller goats can stand up under the deuce. One more thing for the pre-drive checklist!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367236800.988580.jpg

Dipstick

Wow! Splinter that is one FINE Deuce! I am envious. I know you put a ton of effort into your beauty!

My son Dan and I followed my friend Glenn in his sweet 5 ton up to the Sussex, N.J. military vehicle show. It was our first show. I got to meet Dave and Bill from Eastern Surplus. Dave's son made Dan and I the best darned cheeseburgers we ever had. Talked with a ton of people and had a great time!

Last edited:

Woodsplinter

Thanks for all the kind comments everybody- this is my first deuce and it took me about a year to do the work and all the upgrades.
I belong to two MV clubs who put on fundraisers for Wounded Warriors, Packages From Home, Blue Star Moms, etc. it's a lot of fun and very rewarding to display our vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks