• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

indy4x4fab

Banned
We swopped out three of Djones wurst tires on is deuce saturday morning for three newer tires with less ware, and cracks. The ice-ing on the cake was he let me drive it home, which was about 3 miles to drop me off. I loved the looks we got from all my neighbor. :driver:

DBLDUECE77

Put out the generator fire! then parked,flipped hubs,installed 14.00x20 tires,serviced diffs and t-case and trans,trying to find a generator.

HASSON1911

Just got my number 2 fuel out and put in number 1. Also, put an order in for a stainless steel saddle tank, for WMO in summer time (can't clog my fuel filters if the tanks clean to begin with)

s1036s

Last couple weekends I have spent cleaning and cleaning and degreasing my axle and parts to repack bearing and put new seals in. Also rebuilt brake cylinders. Today, I went to the hardware store for fittings to make my pressure bleeder and picked up a castellated nut for my tierod.
This week I will flush brake lines and then bleed brakes and mount my super singles on rims and then to truck... etc.

Everything takes twice as long as I would expect, but I am only one person... Anyone else feel this way?

Coondawg

Over the last three days, I removed my rear suspension, mounted my trailer springs, mounted up a single axle, installed the pintle hitch and bumperettes, re-attached my air lines, bled my brakes, and flipped one hub. Just me and my trusty Kubota to help move things around. This may sound crazy, but the hardest thing I've had to do so far is remove the rear wheel lugs, and budd lugs. They were badly corroded. I had to use a big impact wrench, and heat from a torch to get them off. It was a long, but productive weekend.

Harleighguy

Put my air intake elbow on right after I swapped in a new set of batteries and then a NOS alternator... so far...... next is axle seals/boots that or a reman front axle and disc brakes. At least it made the Xmas Parade here in town~

mattg2448

This week, i tore into my engine to fix a coolant leak out of the water intake manifold.. It is a real pain, but hopefully i can get her nice and fixed, and in tip top shape. I need one gasket, which i hope to get some money for Christmas to buy it, and then ill be good as gold! Maybe i will get fuel filters too! :beer:

Happy Holidays everyone!

Attachments

mattg2448

Fixed the gasket problem, test drove it it was fine.. Get out, smoke coming from the engine compartment, both fuel lines to flame heater pump/actuator thing broke.. And leaking on exhaust manifold...Replacing those tomorrow...

Timberwolf182

Well I'm a little late but before Christmas I used my M35A2 to pic mom's Christmas gift. At the same time I took my 18 year old niece on her first ride in the old deuce. It was a shor ride only about 5 miles but it was a fun one. When we arived I met the owner who recognized the markings on my truck. He said he served in the same unit, about 10 years early that the make of my deuce. My niece enjoyed our outing and said "it's like being in a parade. I added a pic of our adventure and a pic of a winc I recently installed in the bed.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks