• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Seth_O

how did you go about drilling that hole in the dash i have to do the same for my extra volt gauge. and find a spot for extra fuel gauge
When I measured for the new gauge location, I realized the center would be right in the middle of the existing hole for the high beam indicator. So I tack-welded a piece of thin plate steel to the back of the panel (putting 2 tacks, one on each side of the existing high-beam hole since I knew I would be cutting that piece out) and then used a 2" circular hole with a pilot bit.

I was worried the hole would be too large as there was quite a bit of movement in the bit as it spun, but the hole was clean and almost exactly 2", the gauge slid in and fit nice and snug.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I finally washed the mud off the deuce from the 2011 GA SS rally. Topped off the oil as well. Took care of a leak. Reinstalled the rubber seal for the radiator cap. Took it for a drive and rode the brakes a bit to keep the engine loaded down.

Zack

Took my truck to a mud race about 55 miles away from my house.. My little bro and his friends rode in the back with the cargo cover on.. I even took the truck through the course everybody loved it.. the crowd was roaring Put a huge smile on my face:mrgreen:.

F18hornetM

Replaced tore left front spindle boot. Used the non-zipper type. Bought an axle seal just in case needed it but no signs of oil leaking. so left it alone. Everything went real well, about 2-1/2 hours and all done and road tested. I know there has been several atricles on here about the procedure, but i did find if I used spring clamps on the spindle part of the boot (big part) I could get the clamp on without another pair of hands. Just cliped a couple on the rubber lip and the spindle and they held it in place so i could use both hands to position the clamp. I also did not remove my break lines like Ive seen others do. I just unbolted the complete backing plate and hung it up out of the way, saves time.

Attachments

DieselBob

Man I feel like a piker. The wife and I took a leisurely ride in the deuce and spent a “C” note in fuel.

Took my cargo cover off. Made a note to fix some seams and the front zipper….
Last year the stitching for the zipper on the front flap of the cover let loose on mine. The wife mended it with some heavy duty thread.

Welder Sam

Well, so far in the last few days, ive installed:
LED HEADLIGHTS
LED TAIL LIGHTS
PUSHBUTTON HEADLIGHT SWITCH
POPSICLE LIGHTS
LOCKING HUBS

The leds are all AMAZING!:nothingfunny:

F18hornetM

Replaced right side windshield, bought from erics surplus,complete, looks great and fit well. Only thing I found interesting was on the box "made in korea" and on the glass is korean writing etched in the glass, may have to put a sticker over that..go figure!!! I wonder if they are making replacement parts or left over from when they built M35's. i think i read somewhere that S.Korea was a licensed builder.
Also replaced the left side windshield gasket, that was a bit of a chore, but looks good now, with boths sides all new rubber.
On our M105, installed 2 new tailights and went for a short ride, got to test everything out you know:driver:

F18hornetM

Well got to admit, it fit well and looked just like the original. Even came 383 green, just like the truck is so no painting required. I thought I had read that somewhere, thanks. [thumbzup]

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to the storage site for its ~weekly fire up. Let it run at about 1000 for 15 minutes while I wistfully looked into the back where all the big woodworking machines still sit...sigh. They come out when the shed gets stretched, which happens after the deck gets dis-assembled, the elm comes down, a drive gets poured, the gate moves back 25 feet, and I rent another fork lift! Feel somewhat like a one-eyed dog in a meat house.:grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks