• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

lordkevork

Installed drivers side mirrors to replace the one that rotted off, rebuilt air dryer, adjusted steering air regulator, repaired washer fluid pump, replaced ether can. Getting ready to replace all the seals and o-rings in the wheels and hubs, bearings, lube & new tires next week (395's). Having fun!:beer:

M35A3

kc4wd

In the last two weeks, I added a winch to the front, Changed the 24v gen to a 24v alt, added a 12v alt, added a class V hitch and 12 volt back up lights, and a 12v power plug to the dash.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well it was actually last week but Keith_J and I swapped 6 tires around and pulled 3 of the 4 rear axles looking for a wheel cylinder leak (we found it on the 3rd one so no need to pull the 4th) and repacked the bearings while we had everything apart. After that we took it to the 3rd Annual Fill The Deuce Food Drive.

Attachments

sierra117

Just finished up a week long hunting trip traveled approximately 700 miles hauled my 6x6 argo atv, ramps, my brothers atv, 3 portable stands and my gear. And the best part I think was the 14 mpg I got on the trip

Attachments

SMOKEWAGON66

Sadly...I havent done all that much lately...I still need materials to work on it...steel mostly. I did put a nice red line on my tach today though, so at least its not just sitting there neglected lol.

I tracked down the reason I didn't have high beams on the left side of the truck. It wasn't hard to find the problem, just turned the lights on and wiggled the wires and the sparks showed me where the problem was.
Anyway, untaped the wiring loom and fixed a couple of worn areas by cutting out the bad parts, installing bullet connectors, and re-taping everything.

Besides that, I replaced the brush assembly on a 3500 W generator I picked up for $60. A new choke lever as well, and repainted the bright yellow to a more subdued black/brown scheme. The plan is to use this generator to power the christmas lights I plan to put on the truck for an upcoming Christmas parade.

I'm currently looking for some C7 christmas lights for the deuce.

And that was my day.

Welder Sam

i changed fuel fiters.
drove it almost 400miles.
ordered a new radiator.
ordered led headlights.
cleaned instrument panel filter caps.
changed a bulb.
had a tire repaired tonight.
tomorrow?? if its dry, i may put in a new speedo and headlight switch. soon to install lockout hubs!! need to replace an entire window assembly in the 109 box.

bmH1065

I keep reading about replacing fuel filters. If you drive it only a couple hundred miles a year (I check them almost every time I drive it and never have found any water or bad crap in them) how often should they be changed? Also how often should the oil and filters be changed?

Welder Sam

For me, it was just a precautionary measure as the truck was new to me and had a long trip ahead of me. Turned out to be a good idea as they were slightly gunked up. Ive dealt with old tractors, trucks at a drilling co, and i just like to do it before going long distances. I also like to keep an extra set handy just incase

Seth_O

I had another productive weekend. Before and after pic's of the work. After that I took the truck to the local OHV park and let a buddy play for a while in the dirt, and then swung by HD and picked up a pallet of pellets. It's gratifying how much other folks love the truck.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks