• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

lawdog1623

I installed a brand new springer seat and completed the assembly of my brand new windshield frame I cant wait to put this frame in. It has new windshields and all new hardware. Itll be a huge change from the rusted out old frame and damaged windshields

SMOKEWAGON66

Well, today I finished my rear license plate frame by adding a home made license plate light assembly. I took a generic 12v license plate light from a chevy bumper, and found that the military side marker lights have the exact same bulb socket, so I just put a 24v bulb in it. Then while devising a way to mount said socket, I noticed the hole in the aluminum plate that the original side marker light used as a base, is the same size as the Generic light mount. So I decided to utilize the base for the mount, and just made some little bracket pieces out of some 1 inch X 1/4 inch steel strap and screwed the plat to it, then welded those to the license plat bracket I made 2 weeks ago. Turned out pretty good in my opinion. Its not perfect, but it will do.

Attachments

rolling18

Drove yesterday for an hour. I blew out the vent line from the airpack and mc to the slobber tube. Turned up my regulator from 110 psi to 120 psi. Lubed the air horn. Checked return springs on brake, clutch, and parking brake. Wind out and wind in the winch cable.
how did you raise the air pressure??
where is the regulator exactly?
thanks!

SMOKEWAGON66

how did you raise the air pressure??
where is the regulator exactly?
thanks!
Its on the firewall above the aircleaner, almost centered. There are 4 different types so you have to determine which type you have before attempting to adjust the AP. There is a thread somewhere in here that shows each type. Use the search thing to find it. Hope this helps.

Darwin T

drive my M109a3 to a Ted Nugent Concert.

Oh yea, i also had to change the sensor on the front of the airpack. it started leaking and then shorted out and smelt like an electrical short and break fluid. while looking around under the truck i noticed i will need new brake hoses soon. i don't want a 16,000+ pound runaway.

I got rid of the previous owner's beer can shifter knob and fitted a WWII vintage pineapple grenade hull for my shift knob. (Much more comfy to shift now!) Took care of a couple small electrical issues and put a little more thought and mental preperation into the upcoming bob job.
:drool:

Deuce007

I cleaned it(with some help from the rain), I took apart the rear axle, and I got my low air buzzer working again(which I now sorta regret).:-|

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got her out of storage last week and drove her home slowly for 30 mins.

The good:
- brakes fully functional, no change in fluid level over 4 months storage
- started right up (I had not removed the batteries; heated garage)

The bad:

- noticeable increase in oil level...fuel is leaking into the crankcase. I will not run her any more until this is fixed.

I am under orders to build an aboveground pool first - truck comes after that...

Jesse6325

Changed the oil and installed spin on adapters.
Put the cab cover on.
Regisered and insured it
Geased all the fittings
Drove it about 400 miles here there and everywhere( Including the beach.)
And now,,,, Sounds like I have the beginnings of a rod knock,,,,:cry:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=325757&stc=1&d=1335149456
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=325758&stc=1&d=1335149591
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=325759&stc=1&d=1335149591

Attachments

lawdog1623

I changed the oil, and purchased a brand new set of fiberglass troopseats and bows. Now all i need is the camo cover. I seem to have ran out of money. :x

DeuceCamper

This week with my deuce

Hello, I'm Sherry and I am going to be sanding and painting the inside of our new baby. Please tell me what kind of paint to buy. I really dont like oil based paint, but will use it if I have to. Any suggestions?

lawdog1623

carc from rapco or the home depot stuff that everyone seems to like. There are a few threads on here that give the specific paint code to use . Congrats on joining the forum.

crazywelder72

Oil change, o-ring replaced on fuel cut off rod, 24volt to 12volt converter installed, installed small terminal strip feeding 12 volt accessories, rear view camera installed, 7" lcd monitor installed, 12 volt outlet installed, fabricated adapter for old school Hurst shifter, wired shifter button to horn.

:grd:

Attachments

Kohburn

that hurst would be perfect if the button was a push-on, push-off type. would run it to an air solenoid and air cylinder to replace the hi-low handle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks