• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

srodocker

Finally finished modifying and staining my troop seats/headache rack. will get a picture once there mounted on the truck.

I modified the seats to not fold down the first section towards the cab on each side. Have my 395 spare and a tool box on each side.

Attachments

Chuck76

New U joints in the rear drice shaft yesterday. Ran new braided fuel line from the tank to the primary filter, then to the IP, and from there to the inlet side of the secondary filter housing. New fuel filters installed also. Pressured washed the engine so I can track down some oil leakage issues......

Tlauden

Helped out the Local Boy Scouts today, Pulled into the fire house and saw they where having a car wash. So i walked out back and brought the beast to life for a short but needed trip :) They were only asking $5 per vehicle but i figured since the deuce weighs 2-3 regular vehicle i gave them $20. Plus the kids LOVED it.

Its amazing to see how a simple car wash can cause so much entertainment to the kids when a truck like this is sitting there. :eek:

Attachments

jwentz57

well this weekend i got the outside of the bed all sanded down and painted what a dirty job that was still have another weekend of that to get the inside of it done then that will be completed

rolling18

Finally finished modifying and staining my troop seats/headache rack. will get a picture once there mounted on the truck.

I modified the seats to not fold down the first section towards the cab on each side. Have my 395 spare and a tool box on each side.
those look Beautiful!![thumbzup]
what kind of wood did you use?:?:
cost?2cents

all i did this weekend was install a low air warning light.. heh

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well folks what did I do with my Deuce Today, I have two 71 m35 A2s one tan and one I restored in OD the tan one drove away this morning at 10:00 am on its way to its new home, yea I know we are not supposed to be selling these units, I felt a little bad watching drive away and its going to a very good home and its only 50 miles away I can visit as often as I feel the need, I love buying but dont care much for selling!
KK

RECONJON

Hello All,
A little work this weekend, big plans, ruined by weather. Started with a pre- ride check that went well, no apparent problems. Then a ride to RI pick up some woodland BDU's from a yard sale, there is nothing like the courtesy and kindness I get when driving ""Patricia", I really enjoy the time. Even Law Enforcement is niceley accomodating. On the way back stopped at a place I never shopped at. I heard all the talk about Tractor Supply on here so I stopped to check it out. PIcked up some new nylon rope for the cab soft top tie down, picked up a couple wire wheels and some Primer. Headed home and re-roped the cabs soft top tie down, and then the skies opened up. So the paint prep will have to wait for better weather. I have a few spots that I want to address before its a problem.
I give the day a 12 on a 1-10 scale. What a great country we live in!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a Binocular holder as a cup holder and a Ammo can as a console. Also painted the Ammo Can seat base to match the truck. Reinstalled the fire extinguisher to a better spot.

Attachments

wb1895

Replaced axle seals, re-packed bearings
Changed the oil and filters
Winched a guy out of a ditch during a thunderstorm
Picked up my daughter in the deuce on the last day of school!!

RECONJON

Headed down to Chester met a great bunch of people, saw some really nice MV's and picked up that coveted set of Bows for "Patrica" now in search of the Top :)

Attachments

I finally got a bulb in my right front turn signal. Thanks to SMOKEWAGON66 for bringing me a replacement signal bulb and a couple spare B.O. marker/parking light bulbs. 24-volt bulbs are about as rare as hen's teeth around here. When I walked into NAPA and asked if they had any 24-volt light bulbs, the guy behind the counter asked me what it's for and I told him I have a 24-volt truck. He asked me how I know my truck is 24-volts. :doh: I replied with "Well usually two 12-volt batteries in series means 24-volts. (DUH!) Then he askes me what kind of truck we're talking about and I tell him it's a 1972 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 deuce and a half. From the look on his face, it was as if I said it in Klingon or something. Once that conversation was over, he called another store and talked to someone who actually knew what they were doing and found out that they didn't carry what I needed in-store, but I could special order it for just about $8.79 and I'd have to wait 3 days for it. :cookoo:

ryan77

Got her home and cleaned her out, Removed about 20 lbs of mud wasps, Replaced the pressure gauge hose and front lock air hose. Cut the chain of the steering wheel, And hosed the in side out!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks