• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

SE Jones

Cargo cover kicked my butt!

Got the cargo cover in place. Hard to do when you're by yourself! Also touched up the camo a little. Next I have some lights to check / replace. Took my wife out for cruise on Sunday...she loved it!:grin:

Attachments

meindl

been doing too much!

Well, I gave her a full filter change, air, fuel, oil. Entire grease job front to back. Changed diff. oils too. Been sandblasting and painted the grill, and wheels. Working on the box and cab, did paint the cab thus far. Sandblasting the box now mostly surface rust, this is a big job. Post pics later. Been driving her maybe once a week, for beer runs only! She is looking better though.
Awesome I almost forgot, I got to pull an unloaded log truck and dozer out of the woods all hooked togather, man do I wish we would have had a camera!!!!! This was youtube worthy. I told the guy I could try to pull him out with my truck, he said I dought it, I was on my atv at the first time I saw him stuck. He went to get the dozer a nice little JD 350. When I returned with the deuce he had his 350 stuck to, boy was he surprised to see me in it. He says well maybe you can do it, I did and was it something to remember.
Happy 4th---

Last edited:

johnh uk

In my own defense, the "stripey seat cover" is an old towel that the previous owner wrapped around the bare foam as the upholstery canvas rotted away from sitting in the elements with no top on the truck for god-only-knows how long. I never even saw the passenger seat untill I got the trailer dragged back to put the roof on. I folded the passenger seat up, saw the towel and almost instantly got a headache.
:doh:
I fully intend to re-upholster the passenger seat too, but I'll have to find a couple more ODG duffel bags to butcher to get it done. :mrgreen:
No Defence needed Buddy, just had my quote for recovering with military grade canvas... just picked myself up off the floor £200 plus tax oh and I have to wait 6 weeks because they are so busy !!:roll:

you may think it a stupid question but what does ODG stand for ?:-?

SMOKEWAGON66

Pulled the truck up in the garage yesterday and began sanding rough spots and feathering chipped paint. I also started repairing some deep gouges in the bumper from being marred by towbars. I used a little bondo after grinding down the rough ridges. Im also sanding the rims. I got the rest of my soft top frame in the mail today, now I just need the cover. Since I have a long weekend, Im gonna attempt to do a paint job. So we shall see how it goes.

Attachments

Rubenk

Well I visited home(deuce is parked on family property 4hrs from where I live) and drove by the deuce a few times. I didnt want to be anywhere near that sun-soaked green iron!

Maybe temps will cool off in a few weeks and I can do some more work on the truck.

ryan77

Painted the wheels today! Painted the inside of the bed! Greased all the fittings, Drained and filled the trans, Disconnected that annoying low air buzzer!!:driver:

Welder Sam

In the last 7 days, i used my 816 to remove the great box from my 109. Today i put goodyear 395's on recentered hemmt's on the 109 truck. Tomorrow i may put a cargo bed on that truck for a while. Super nice rig but itll never be a shop van again.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced the Ac unit cover and repainted to match. A low lying branch took out the original cover. Also touched up the hard top.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced the Ac unit cover and repainted to match. A low lying branch took out the original cover. Also touched up the hard top.
Dang, Don.... Why are you blaming the poor ol' branch, when it's the driver that's responsible for obstruction clearance!!! :doghead:

Sorry for your "Close Encounter of the Woodland Variety". Glad your AC is re-covered.

Welder Sam

i agree Don. good lookin rig! is that the one that had the camper built in it when you got it? id like to see more detail of the fender mount leds.

heres my 109 before and now.. figured id show how i parted it out some.. more mods coming.

Attachments

Last edited:

tenmilebay

Just sat in my ole girl for awhile and enjoyed the smell of canvas and thoughts of long ago when me and her both were much younger and on active duty. Fired her up and made a few laps around the field. She's in good shape and I'm honored to have her here with me. Thank you all for the great help and fellowship! tenmilebay

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My oil pressure gauge was showing a very slow pressurization speed upon start up (30 seconds). My brother and I hooked up a mechanical gage to the port just rear of the two oil filters and he watched it as I started my deuce. The Mechanical gauge said that my military gauge was lying to me, thankfully :)

Came back after working on my dad's trailer (about 3 hours) and timed it upon start up. looks like it is pressurizing to about 5-6 seconds, which is a lot more reasonable in my mind.

Looks like I can wait a little longer for the spin on filters and preluber set up. ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks