• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

212sparky

I got my truck to fire up today. I have been having an issue with my charging system and it is my alternator. So time to change it and hope my batteries are not shot.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey 212SPARKY, you dont have to guess about your batteries. You can bring them in for a test at the local repair station and know for sure how much life they have.

212sparky

I know, I got them at wal mart last year. Back in June they ran out when my alternator started going i guess and they tested good then. I need to put them on a good charge then put my battery tester on them and see. I have a lead on a new alternator, once i get my power fixed then in go my led headlights :mrgreen:

Dipstick

Thank you DIPSTICK. Navy, eh? No wonder you love your machine and how it works! I am a steam boilder installer, pipefitter, refrigeraytion tech among other mechanical trades and I love all this army truck business too. I will post about what happens.
Whatadeuce,

I operate and maintain high pressure boilers for Johnson Controls these days. Yeah, I've been a truck fanatic since the days I was sucking a pacifier. It took me 59 years of living to get my first big rig, but I finally have him! The more I think about it the more I'm thinking turbo or valve guide seals. If I had to guess I'd go with the turbo. I base that thought on the rate of oil consumption over 250 miles. Please do keep me informed. Hope you are well.

Owen "Dipstick", "Mr. Snubbie" (as in Colt Detective Special) McCaffrey

Bought a gallon of DOT 5 for the old girl this week. I want to flush the system before I install the new remote reservoir. Funny story actually, I went down to the local NAPA and noticed they only had 2 pints of DOT 5 on the shelf, so I walk up to the counter and ask the man if they have it in stock by the gallon. He looks me right in the eye and says, "Why in the H*ll do you want a gallon?". I explain that I'm installing a remote reservoir and It seems like it would be a good time to do a system flush. His second question "and why are you wanting to flush a system that has silicone fluid in it son?". I reply " because there's no telling how old the fluid that it has in it is, and I feel spending a little bit on PM now can save a lot of headaches later on." Then he smirks and says "well I can tell you DOT 5 has only been around for the last 2 years, and you should only need a quart to do your flush" (Bare in mind he has no idea about what vehicle we are talking about). I say "No I'm pretty sure it's been around longer than that and I'll at least need 2 quarts". Then there was an awkward silence as he taps away at the keyboard.....
"Now you realize that you can't mix DOT 3 and DOT 5 right?"
"Yes"
"So you're trying to convert to DOT 5?"
"No I got it that way, I don't know for how long, but the military has been using it for a while"
"But how can you know for sure what it has in it? cause you can't mix them"
"Well I'm guessing if I were to take so fluid out of the MC and mix it with water it would separate if DOT 5 and Combine if DOT 3"
"Yeah that sounds about right"
"Well that's what I did twice just to be sure, soooo do you have any in stock?"

Taps on keyboard "Yeah looks like we got it at the other store across town, and we can have it here tomorrow"
"Thanks but I think I'll just swing by there and pick it up later today"
"OK let me write the part number down for you, cause the guy over there is an idiot"
:shock::shock:
"well thanks for all your help sir"

20 minutes later and I had my fluid and it started snow like crazy, but at least the "major" hurdle has been overcome.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Executed yet another ACT of RANDOM KINDNESS

As you may recall, our Deuce is named The ARK (Acts of Random Kindness).

Here's an AAR of Satruday's "mission" to help move a member of our church - a single mom, forced to move when her former landlord decided to sell the house she was renting "out from under her" on short notice.

Several young men and I rallied to her aid and got 'er done in just a few hours (including a nice pizza-break).

2012-02-16 Jessica's Move 01.jpg2012-02-16 Jessica's Move 02.jpg2012-02-16 Jessica's Move 03.jpg2012-02-16 Jessica's Move 04.jpg2012-02-16 Jessica's Move 05.jpg13185_10200285910486292_1068359767_n.jpg62491_10200285903286112_81917991_n.jpg69522_10200285904646146_760311520_n.jpg76090_10200285907206210_1566440521_n.jpg150791_10200285904246136_1777651470_n.jpg. . . . . more to follow.

Welder Sam

I havent done much to mine. Cant figure out how to post via computer so i think im done with this place.

patracy seems to have found the problem. ss doesnt like google chrome now. REALLY???

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I havent done much to mine. Cant figure out how to post via computer so i think im done with this place.

patracy seems to have found the problem. ss doesnt like google chrome now. REALLY???
No, I never said that chrome was the issue. But given your harsh replies via email, I'm guessing you're not wanting to try to work through the issue. (It's 11:09pm on a sunday night, I'd much rather be in bed).

What I asked you to do was to try another browser to see if you could post or access the site. It's basic troubleshooting. You have to isolate the issue to understand how to resolve it. I certainly can't go to Arkansas to inspect your computer.

Welder Sam

And i did. I told u i could post text but manage attachments just froze it. U blame norton. How much tailoring of my comp am i supposed to do to make use of this? Funny it all worked fine on this computer, set up the same way before the "upgrade".

Ps, i never came close to suggesting u came to look at my computer.

HASSON1911

Not to get into this chit throwing fight. but norton nor chrome is the problem, I run both on my laptop and it works fine, little trial and error to post pics after the upgrade but works like a charm now.

Now in regards to this thread I believe I have sold one "Isabell", and now currently have problems with a starter sticking on cold days "Madison". Should be some fun weekends coming up, I just LOVE electrical problems.

Welder Sam

This is the little bit ive done recently. I dunno whats up on the tech side but i broke down snd paid for tapatalk.

Note that i modified the wiring harness to have front park lights.
Turned an ammo can into a control console
Fabbed a custom beacon mount
Added forward and rear facing leds
Fabbed a mount for the vrc-43 w/intercom
Changed out the seats

Attachments

Last edited:

mich6212

I had to change the o-ring in the rim because the slow leak that would last about two weeks for quite some time developed into a leak that would last about two days! I have also contemplated going with a flat or semi-flat black paint scheme so I had an idea. How about a little rat rod styling? This is the result: Before and after. What do you think? Should I continue with the other 5? IMG_20130220_170913_555.jpgIMG_20130220_170925_782.jpgIMG_20130220_170940_100.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks