• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

connectingbar

Dropped the fuel tank to clean it out. Tons of rust inside but it is cleaning up nicely.After a good stem cleaning I am going to finish it off with electrolosis to try to get any rust that remains. I am aslo cleaning the rust on the fuel pump bracket but I am at a loss on how to unplug the pump any tips

tommys2patrick

I used the waterloo kit. The instructions are kind of lacking but luckily Hanksdeuce has some great pics on his website that fill in the blanks. Also I've discovered cheap bits go dull quickly and expensive ones break so if you do it just buy four 1/2" bits and take the ones you don't need back when your done. I had to make four trips just to pick up a new bit. As far as kit goes the equipment is top notch and the price can't be beat for what you get.
Looks very professional and a lot of work. Great job. Have you noticed any change in turning the wheel stop to stop? looks like you may have a bit of trimming yet to do on the inner fender parts.

ICAT

Put the Deuce in the local Show and Shine. The local Boy Scott troops newest Eagle Scout was allow to choose their best of show.IMAG1048-1.jpgIMAG1049-1.jpg

SE Jones

Still getting everything ready just in case the storm season is as bad as they say for August and September. Got one of my generators located and secured and finished loading and securing the first aid box. Also installed a boot for the shifter to keep little rodent critters out of the cab and "freshened" the paint on the floorboard. Also gave her a bath...:oops:...which is always frustrating.

Attachments

w3azel

Looks very professional and a lot of work. Great job. Have you noticed any change in turning the wheel stop to stop? looks like you may have a bit of trimming yet to do on the inner fender parts.
You must be talking about the parts look professional cause my install was a little rough. The truck is all together I just figured people knew what it looked like. As far as stop to stop the truck is quick and nimble at turning. I did have to grind on the gear box more to get it more clearance but driving the truck is light and easy just as any daily driver. I couldn't tell you how many turns it is stop to stop and the truck is apart again so I can't check any time soon.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Little things like cab fans etc. Then instead of the shoreline going under garage door I fitted a real camper type power box on outside of house. Now I can stop popping breakers when I run aircon and tools when hooked to house.

hunderliggur

Got most of a "lightweight maintenance enclosure" up for the deuce. Only had 4 soldiers instead of the TM specified 12, so the end walls will go on later.

DieselBob

Got most of a "lightweight maintenance enclosure" up for the deuce. Only had 4 soldiers instead of the TM specified 12, so the end walls will go on later.
How much room is around the deuce when inside the "lightweight maintenance enclosure". I might have some room coming available in the back yard and was just thinking...

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put on a set of new tail lights, they still don't flash, so I think replacing the flasher unit is next on the list. I also started putting in bolts to fill the holes in the back of the cab where those reinforcement plates are, and got stung by a friggin' wasp. I sprayed the nest, which was behind the driver's seat, and eight wasp's fell out dead. Good thing only one of them stung me.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Changed transmission and transfer case fluids, did some basic lubrication on other parts and took a glad hand off an old trailer and made a hookup for air tools off the truck just in case.

hunderliggur

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375735078.288002.jpg. My lightweight equipment enclosure, new home for deuce work. End panels go on this week.

DieselBob -plenty of room for just the deuce. A little tighter if something else in there. You need a 54x40 footprint when you include the tie down ropes. Shelter is 24x32.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks