• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

swindad2

Installed my license plate frame kit from http://www.thosemilitaryguys.com/ today. It was well worth the cost to me with the included hardware. All I had to do was make a couple connections and hook in between the 21 connector on my right tail light. It is blocking my hitch somewhat, but I don't have anything to connect to it right now. It will be easy enough to remove if I need to.

20140615_205235b.jpg20140615_205226b.jpg

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
batteries 001.jpgbatteries 002.jpgbatteries 003.jpgbatteries 004.jpgbatteries 007.jpgbatteries 005.jpgbatteries 006.jpgAttempting to start the M35A2, I heard a load click. After several such click noises, I pulled out my NAPA 24 Volt battery booster. Also took the time to wire brush the terminals and added water to the cells. Then after a hour cruise, I noticed the ammeter gauge just over the green mark and up against the red. So I thought to load tested the batteries. Since my load tester is somewhat beat-up, I also use my voltmeter to see if the volt drop during the test. Left battery tested OK, but the right battery volts went to 5.64 VDC during the load test. I know that if one battery is weaker than the other, the weaker one will draw down the volts of the stronger one. But shall I replace just the weak one, or buy 2 new ones? What is best?

SteveKuhn

Always replace 2, matched. That said, I'd put a 'can't over charge' charger on for a couple of long 12 hour sessions to see what gives. I had one come back from the dead pretty nicely by giving it a couple of sessions. Let it sit for a couple of days and repeat the load test. Then give it the same treatment again. It might surprise you. Good luck.

There are a number of good battery threads that'll tell you more than I did.

Steve

DeucesWild11

Do you have a battery maintainer/charger that de-sulfates? I have brought both my deuce batteries back to life with it. The Battery Minders are the ones I use. I use two 12v chargers every now and then and it keeps them both nice and fresh.

Dipstick

Helping Out.jpgBrutus at Macungie 2014s.jpgLast Saturday my son Dan and I showed our trucks at the Antique Truck Club of America show in Macungie PA. I drove my bobber and Dan drove his '64 F100. It was a muddy blast! The owner of a Unimog and I used his truck and my recovery strap and D-ring to pull a gorgeous 1950 Mack LJ out of the slick stuff. He got stuck directly in front of Brutus. Today, I finally installed John Tennis' spin on primary and secondary fuel filter adapters with Wix filters. Very well designed and easy to install. The cleanup took longer. Then I whistled around Phillipsburg N.J. for a while. Got a thumbs up from an ambulance driver.

Crush36

Replaced the air release valves on the air tank, rebuild the horn button, oiled the air compressor, replaced all the dash light bulbs and covers for the indicator lights and went and picked up my first M105 trailer and a big diesil generator that I don't know much about yet. Tomorrow is new belts and headlight bulbs.

Hainebd

Two front tires on one rear mounted ready to go on.

First off "Thank you to all who help us with our hobby". Now after thousands of miles, thousands of dollars, one wrecked pickup and trailer my tires are going on. I am still torn over which wheel to use. I landed 12 tires and 20 MRAP rims. I put MRAP on front. I think I will run stock deuce on rear. I like that look and think it is better. Fun breaking these old tires down.

Crush36

I am waiting to install the ones with the cords until I linex the under body. I just got a couple of the husky ones from home depot until then. But I do have a question on those now that you bring it up. Do they stay open when you pull the cord to drain the tanks until like 30 psi then you have to hold to release the rest or do you have to pull the whole time ?

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first Deuce I had used a spring loaded , normally closed valve, so that you pulled on the valve body to open it and drain the water; once you let go of the cord, the valves would close tight.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks