• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

rustystud

Jeepsinker and welldigger said it well. "A flush doesn't put the metal back where it came from !" You should remove the top of the transmission and check it out. Hopefully it is OK. The transfer case has to come out and get opened up to see what has broken. If you don't check it now, someday soon you will be driving it down the road and something bad is going to come undone and it will not be pretty ! Do it now before the repair bill gets too high.

DeucesWild11

I finally replaced my flexible fuel line in the front, I know, I know it looks like crap with all the fittings but it was the only way I found I could do it with what I had available. I didn't feel like trying to find the perfect NOS replacement and now if anything happens it's parts that can be found locally. Hey this one doesn't drip like the old hose with the heat shrink tubing around it!

Attachments

welldigger

I finally replaced my flexible fuel line in the front, I know, I know it looks like crap with all the fittings but it was the only way I found I could do it with what I had available. I didn't feel like trying to find the perfect NOS replacement and now if anything happens it's parts that can be found locally. Hey this one doesn't drip like the old hose with the heat shrink tubing around it!
I don't like the idea of n.o.s. rubber parts. Things like hoses I have made locally. Rubber degrades with age and exposure to oxygen. N.o.s tends to be.......old.

AvrgJoe

Finally making some progress on my troop seats rework. I am replacing all the wood, all the hardware (nuts, bolts, washers & pins), also I am media blasting all the troop seat brackets down to bare metal and repainting. This didn't seem like such a big job in the beginning but as I have gotten only 1 side done I know differently. There isn't a ton of money in the job just lots of time. So far so good though, looking forward to seeing them back on the truck.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kloakndagr

Well, I finished the ceramic tile countertop, test fitted dickensen solid fuel stove, and installed bout 80 percent of my closet cedar liner planks on the interior. I just received two additional boxes in the mail today so I will be able to finish up the remaining 20 percent. Secret squarel #2 just completed my zombie proof custom made dual honda eu2000i & companion generator box, this box is bulletproof.

rustystud

Well, I finished the ceramic tile countertop, test fitted dickensen solid fuel stove, and installed bout 80 percent of my closet cedar liner planks on the interior. I just received two additional boxes in the mail today so I will be able to finish up the remaining 20 percent. Secret squarel #2 just completed my zombie proof custom made dual honda eu2000i & companion generator box, this box is bulletproof.
Would love to see some pictures of the generator enclosure ! I'm planning on making one for my Deuce.

JMPM35A2

Here's my fuel pump before and after. Removed the pump from the bracket and then performed electrolisis on it. Some wire brushing and cleaner got it "ok". So then I sand blasted it, and reinstalled everything. IMAG0706.jpg IMAG0717.jpg IMAG0759.jpg

Towersafety

Installed a block heater and attempted to tighten the air compressor belt. Now with the radiator removed I figured I would just replace it and the generator belts too. That is tomorrow's project.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks