• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Jeepsinker

I went through one of my hubs and packed the bearings and replaced the seal, and today I replaced the front output seal on the transfer case. Then I backed into my roll up door on my shop again and bent it, and my rear bow corner on the driver side. May have torn the cargo tarp too, can't tell in the dark and rain.

welldigger

I went through one of my hubs and packed the bearings and replaced the seal, and today I replaced the front output seal on the transfer case. Then I backed into my roll up door on my shop again and bent it, and my rear bow corner on the driver side. May have torn the cargo tarp too, can't tell in the dark and rain.
Sounds like you had a fun night.

Tinkering around with these tonight. They were given to me by a friend. One has 'needs brushes' written on it and one says 'dead'. Never been inside of anything like this, but figured ****, what can I hurt. Do they still offer brushes for these? I'll have to get a single pin slave plug for my truck to use these. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448688399.603364.jpg

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Sorry to hear about your door Jeepsinker,....
I hope you can just push it back into shape.

I just put new bolts in place of the ones those idiots who washed my Deuce either failed to put back or just lost.

Also moved the speedo cable back to its correct position where it enters the Cab as it was being crushed by the bell housing cover because it wasn't put back correctly.
Now it sits correctly in the indentation in that cover as it was meant to.

Pics coming.

Aussie.

m715mike

Tinkering around with these tonight. They were given to me by a friend. One has 'needs brushes' written on it and one says 'dead'. Never been inside of anything like this, but figured ****, what can I hurt. Do they still offer brushes for these? I'll have to get a single pin slave plug for my truck to use these. View attachment 596400
You can still get brushes for those. Goldneagle knows where to get them. You don't have to change your slave plug, you just need the adapter.

Yup, what Jeepsinker said. You can get an adapter for the slave plug. Here are pictures of the one I carry on my truck.

IMG_1016.jpgIMG_1017.jpgIMG_1018.jpg

I got my deuce inspected yesterday. It passed without any issues.
I only have a few things left to repair to make it 100% reliable. Well realistically 98%. Then I can start some of the upgrade projects and customizing that I've been dreaming about.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Well here are some pics of the new bolts I installed to replace the missing ones I have mentioned earlier.

Also I think I may have a small leak in the fuel line at the joint where it enters the secondary fuel filter and is running down the line and then droping onto the front PTO drive shaft, that's what your seeing with the wetness.

Aussie.

Attachments

Jeepsinker

Tighten it up and see if it stops. It may, but it is probably time to replace all those old plastic lines anyway. One of those cracks or blows off and you'll be stranded for sure. I've seen them so brittle they break off when you move them to inspect them. All you need is some air brake line and crush collars. 1/4" for the returns between injectors, and 3/8" for the supply lines.

And get rid of that blasted flame heater and fuel density compensator before it costs you an engine! It doesn't get cold down there!

Last edited:

AZK9

Finally got a chance to install new air tank drain valves this afternoon. The previous style was the 'screw type'.
I replaced both with the 'side tilt type' connected to four foot stainless cables attached behind the tool rack.

It's a huge improvement!

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Tighten it up and see if it stops. It may, but it is probably time to replace all those old plastic lines anyway. One of those cracks or blows off and you'll be stranded for sure. I've seen them so brittle they break off when you move them to inspect them. All you need is some air brake line and crush collars. 1/4" for the returns between injectors, and 3/8" for the supply lines.

And get rid of that blasted flame heater and fuel density compensator before it costs you an engine! It doesn't get cold down there!

Darn your GOOD!
:not worthy:

How did you know it has the flame heater in it,...
You don't see the top of the engine in any of the pictures.

I like the look with the flame heater, it just looks neat.
Maybe I should just cap off the supply fuel line to it?

I can always bypass the FDC later, but I need to fix a flat tyre first (left rear inner rear).
I need to get a breaker bar for the wheel nut/stud tools.
That's the only thing stopping me just now.

Oh,.. and its all registered now!

Aussie.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks