• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

DavidWymore

The truck sat facing east before I got it. Pass front tire was sun abused and worn unevenly, so I swapped it with one from the north side rear, as well as put the spare on the pass rear to replace a flat.

daytonatrbo

Fixed the contacts in my turn signal, rotated tires, took troop seats out.
That reminds me, I need to figure out what's wrong with my turn signals on my m35. I suspect its just a bad blink box, but I need to do more trouble shooting first.

When you select a blinker, the green light comes on solid on the switch, and none of the lights activate outside the truck.

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That reminds me, I need to figure out what's wrong with my turn signals on my m35. I suspect its just a bad blink box, but I need to do more trouble shooting first.

When you select a blinker, the green light comes on solid on the switch, and none of the lights activate outside the truck.
Mine is doing the same thing right now. The turn signal switch itself burned up on the inside, I replaced that, now it just doesn't blink. I found some exposed wires near the blink box so I'm thinking that's what caused the switch to burn up and possibly shorted out the blink box. I took the box off, hooked straight to the battery, negative to the old ground, positive to the B terminal, and all I got was a solid light out the A terminal.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nothing special, homemade, just a couple pieces of channel iron with a lip to lay flat on the bed and a tab to slide in the tailgate gap! They are rusty now, will clean them up when the warmer weather hits. If ya really want to see them I can get pictures in a few days!
20160223_143556.jpg

Bucho

I drove mine today. First time in about 3 months. Dropped it off at my tire place to have them look at one of the tires that keeps loosing air.
On a side note, does anyone know what this is for? It is mounted to the dash.

daytonatrbo

Mine is doing the same thing right now. The turn signal switch itself burned up on the inside, I replaced that, now it just doesn't blink. I found some exposed wires near the blink box so I'm thinking that's what caused the switch to burn up and possibly shorted out the blink box. I took the box off, hooked straight to the battery, negative to the old ground, positive to the B terminal, and all I got was a solid light out the A terminal.
After I go over my wiring, I'm going to swap the known-working box out of my M109 and see if that doesn't fix it.

Another Ahab

I drove mine today. First time in about 3 months. Dropped it off at my tire place to have them look at one of the tires that keeps loosing air.
On a side note, does anyone know what this is for? It is mounted to the dash.

I've seen those before:

- It's a towel bar for hanging your pretty towels (right next to the nice smelling soap).

You should get some towels in OD, you know for the coordinated look.

towel.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks