• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WEll, today we finally got the fuel injector pump out. As you can see in the pics, I had to utilize severe persuasion to back the pump out of its gear casing, ( i am sure I removed the pumps rear mounting bracket, who put it back? ) Helping me is steel soldiers member CHEVYC60, better know as ROY THE TERROR,holding the BUD LIte, and another steel soldier ,white hair, and I'm the one ( WHATADEUCE ) wielding that sledge ..WE found the hydraulic head button was broken off. Took parts provided to me by GIMPYROB, and put it all togethert. next step is to reinstall the pmp...

Attachments

AZK9

WEll, today we finally got the fuel injector pump out. As you can see in the pics, I had to utilize severe persuasion to back the pump out of its gear casing, ( i am sure I removed the pumps rear mounting bracket, who put it back? ) Helping me is steel soldiers member CHEVYC60, better know as ROY THE TERROR,holding the BUD LIte, and another steel soldier ,white hair, and I'm the one ( WHATADEUCE ) wielding that sledge ..WE found the hydraulic head button was broken off. Took parts provided to me by GIMPYROB, and put it all togethert. next step is to reinstall the pmp...
It must be a good feeling to know that you've got fellow Steel Soldiers nearby to help when a job demands it!

Glad Chris was able to help you get things back in good shape! [thumbzup]

dmetalmiki

Well today I just stared at my newly acquired deuce..(I owned many years ago) and pondered on all the required tasks to bring back to the "required" (my) specifications. Pictures and progress to follow. I AM glad to have it back in the fleet though.

Attachments

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a bathroom wall framed out and a switch for the lights wired in. Pic is from earlier in the day , forgot to take one when I wrapped up.

Attachments

Ratchetop

:naner:I got the transmission back together and will stab it back in tomorrow if the rain holds off. The 5th gear mod went pretty smooth. Thanks again to Tom for fast shipping and having the parts I needed to complete the task. I used 2 large picks to expand the retainer ring for 5th gear. Ran them up the splines and made it easy to get it over the end.

Attachments

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:naner:I got the transmission back together and will stab it back in tomorrow if the rain holds off. The 5th gear mod went pretty smooth. Thanks again to Tom for fast shipping and having the parts I needed to complete the task. I used 2 large picks to expand the retainer ring for 5th gear. Ran them up the splines and made it easy to get it over the end.
Hey alright!!! Good work. Mine went pretty smooth also once I had all the parts I needed. Now we can race!!!

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yesterday Oil and filters, easy with spin on filter conversion. Today primary and secondary fuel filters, need to install spin on filter conversion. Tomorrow check transmission and transfer case oil, and start to lube front end.

Added a 720W 24v to 12v converter along with a socket to plug a phone charger in.
While I was at it, I found that the battery terminals were loose (could rotate 'em by hand). Several terminals had corroded bolts and weren't adjustable anymore.
I decided to try a little parts store on the end of my road (I live out a ways from town) and lo and behold they had the exact replacement battery terminals.
In fact, this place is a treasure trove. They even have the axle nut socket. I guess they do quite a bit of business selling parts for large trucks.
So I bought 2 new terminals and was able to make a couple of other good ones by swapping/combining parts from existing ones.
Now the battery connections are all tight, and I've got a way to charge my phone so I don't get stranded in the middle of nowhere with no way to call anybody.

With the batteries straightened out, I ran some 12ga wire through the floor using some plastic loom I had. Inserted a toggle switch on the 24v + lead so I can turn the converter off.
I just threw together a temporary enclosure for the switch and 12v receptacle from stuff I had laying around here. For now it's just velcroed behind the passenger seat, where I can get to the receptacle from the opening between the seats. However, I intend to make a better enclosure and add a light to remind me to turn the converter off.
Or maybe tie into the truck power switch. Haven't decided yet. Sometimes it's handy to be able to power something without having to turn the truck on. At any rate, at that point I'll permanently mount everything.

I notice my alternator voltage starts off in the yellow and after the truck starts, creeps up to just between green and red.
I'm afraid that might be a sign that my alternator or regulator is going tango uniform.

Tomorrow: Hit all the grease points, drain the fuel filters, and check all the lubrication levels.
Then if I still have time, put the troop seats together.

Thursday: 700 miles round trip to Lejeune and back.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Got the air hose fitting I needed to connect my air hose to the air line inside my Deuce:

Now I can adjust my tyre pressure as needed, when needed!

Just before I put my Deuce away for the night I was going over the engine and I took the oil fill cap off and had a look at the condition of the inside of the engine.
It is REALLY clean!

However, I am a bit concerned about all the chipping and denting along the rocker arm I can see,...
Somebody was a bit rough with it,....

Very clean inside otherwise,...

Aussie.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks