• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

fpchief

Found out I don't have fuel in my oil. I drained it anyway, put good fresh fluid in and it is staying where it should.
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Found out I have fuel in my oil. Drained oil, will fill it up with fresh oil and try to see the dilute rate. May need some help from all of you deuce masters on this.

I'm new here, but I've been reading about the fuel system today, trying to track down likely fuel leak culprits.
The fuel shutoff valve shaft O ring and the fuel density compensator are two things that can cause fuel in the oil from what I've read.

Mine's covering the driver's side front springs and such with something (I suspect fuel) but it doesn't do it enough so it drips when I park.
Hoping it will hold together for another thousand miles or so (new to me truck, not sure how long it's been like this.)

Last edited:

fpchief

Your drivers side springs may be your steering box leaking on it. Unless you know it is diesel. My fdc is bypassed and heater is disconnected so time for research on other places fuel can enter oil.

daytonatrbo

Your drivers side springs may be your steering box leaking on it. Unless you know it is diesel. My fdc is bypassed and heater is disconnected so time for research on other places fuel can enter oil.

Leaking injector is a possibility, but you'd probably notice the miss at idle.

Sounds like you need to come get this m109 so you can keep trucking while you figure that out :driver:

Fuel shutoff valve shaft o ring still might be a possibility.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

daytonatrbo

How do you check for that? (Leaking injector)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
There are a number of things to look for. Rough idle, excessive smoke, missing when accelerating.

Once you you are fairly certain that's your issue, you can check the temperature of the exhaust manifold right near the head with an infrared temp gun. Check each cylinder's exhaust before the collector. If you find one or 2 that have a noticeable difference in temperature from the others, start there.

dmetalmiki

Well today, I pulled my newly acquired deuce (I sold 12 years ago!) into our side of the barn, And as it has not been maintained properly I have to start out and go through the whole vehicle. As the wheels have not been off in 12 years the wheel nut conversion was slipping inside the drums, as they were rusted at the studs. So using the fork truck we got the first front wheel removed by taking out the bearings and removing hub drum and wheel complete. We have welded the studs in and freed off the wheel nuts. Tomorrow we will assemble the hubs, drums, new grease, and wheel. Then the other side front wheel.The brake shoes bearings seals and wheel cylinders are all good. big job. progress and pictures tomorrow.

kearns

pulled the trailer bed off my bobbed deuce and modified a 14' flatbed off an old dodge d500 truck to fit. cut 4' off the end and turned vertical to make the cab protector. I'm still trying to figure out how to finish it out. haven't decided between expanded steel, or maybe lower half with wood then some steel bars for the top half.

IMG_0128.jpgIMG_0152.jpgIMG_0162.jpgIMG_0237.jpgIMG_0239.jpgIMG_0242.jpgIMG_0246.jpg

daytonatrbo

pulled the trailer bed off my bobbed deuce and modified a 14' flatbed off an old dodge d500 truck to fit. cut 4' off the end and turned vertical to make the cab protector. I'm still trying to figure out how to finish it out. haven't decided between expanded steel, or maybe lower half with wood then some steel bars for the top half.

View attachment 617288View attachment 617289View attachment 617290View attachment 617291View attachment 617292View attachment 617293View attachment 617294
Wood all the way.

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,....

Your right, we don't have a 2'nd Amendment down here but we sure do need one!

What happened in Tassie was really bad (and show why people should be able to carry) and followed by a tyranny inflicted on law abiding people,....

Also a case in point as to why you should NEVER let you guns be registered.

No, my Deuce is unmodified, it is still left hand drive.

Woomera eh?

Did you work at the missile range perhaps?

Aussie.
I was at the submarine base. LOL! I remember some local papers (tabloid types) thought there was a secret underground submarine base (500km from Port Augusta). Anyway, I worked at the satellite monitoring facility. If you ever saw the movie Wargames & remember the controller at NORAD mentioning BMEWS, that was us. Ballistic Missile Early Warning System.

Yeah, I am with you on the gun rights issue. Even before Hobart, I remember how strict the laws were there. I had planned to buy a black powder rifle when I got there and spend my off days (4on - 4off shift rotation) getting very good shooting that rifle. When I arrived, I learned that no non-citizens could own a fire arm. I also learned I couldn't buy ammo for an Aussie mate who owned a rifle I could shoot. I also learned Aussies could only buy ammo for guns they had a registration for. So in the end, I got a blowgun & practiced with that. Not as fun, but still good for rabbits for the tucker bag. :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks