• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

I spent a few hours today trying to remove the lower radiator hose but due to the lack of room to move it rearward no matter what I try it seems I have to give up on the cheating.

Looks like I am going to have to do this job the hard way and remove the radiator just to replace the lower radiator hose.

sigh,....

Sometimes you win some and sometimes you loose some.

Aussie.

Last edited:

Quido

G'day everyone,....

I spent a few hours today trying to remove the lower radiator hose but due to the lack of room to move it rearward no matter what I try it seems I have to give up on the cheating.

Looks like I am going to have to do this job the hard way and remove the radiator just to replace the lower radiator hose.

sigh,....

Aussie.
It's a PITA. I planned on taking the rad out anyway to replace belts, etc. Getting the **** thing out was not easy either. Had to remove the grill, and fan to get the rad out. Ahh, the joys of a winch truck...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RAYZER

G'day everyone,....

sigh,....

Aussie.
No fun removing that hose!
A little trick that gimpy showed me at the GA Rally a couple of years ago: find a piece of 1x2 lumber about 2 feet long, from underneath the front of truck, push the hose off with the stick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Katahdin

The job will vary depending which front crossmember you have.

I've done two hoses on deuces with the older style, narrow, and rectangular front crossmembers. No removing of alternator or radiator required.

I cringe tho when I look at my deuce with the newer, flatter, wider front crossmember. I can see removing the alternator and/or radiator for that one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DavidWymore

Lubed speedo cable, had a bad bounce. Looked new and shiny so I didn't remove it, just disconnected the ends. Dribbled oil in the top end a little at a time and forced it through with a rubber tipped air nozzle.

Reminds me, there was an O-ring shriveled up in the Tcase end I need to get back to replacing...

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lubed speedo cable, had a bad bounce. Looked new and shiny so I didn't remove it, just disconnected the ends. Dribbled oil in the top end a little at a time and forced it through with a rubber tipped air nozzle.

Reminds me, there was an O-ring shriveled up in the Tcase end I need to get back to replacing...
Did the lube take the bounce out of the speedo??

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A tree limb took off the top of the stack and I had a newer, taller one installed. It's just shy of 11 feet. I chose that height because I eventually plan on putting a S-280 on the back which will bring the height to a little over 11 feet.

20171027_135110.jpg 20171015_163828.jpg

Also started flipping the rear hubs. Me and a friend in a shop with all the tools you'd ever need, bs'ing and it took us 3 hours to finish the first one. Hoping to do the other 3 a little faster...

20171023_131344.jpg

The furthest rear has been flipped. It lines up quite well with the box now.

Last edited:

Captaincarrier

Put the truck in the shop for annual going over. Last year put the box in primer, this year the cab and front end. First thing I noticed the right head lights hanging in placed. Found the six studded rubber isolators had gave way to the heat and the shear weight of the light assembly.

Seth_O

Wait, could the fix to my bouncing Speedo really be this simple?

How much would you say you put in there?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks