• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

91W350

Stopped by "longshot" today and bought some solvent and sealer for my top. It has a couple of small tears. I plan to cut up a flap off of one of my 105 trailers for a patch. I think I will double it at the bows if the stuff works correctly.

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I feel like a slackard, reading about everybody's work. all I could muster is driving to town for charcoal. She did run good, but I need to do what all you already did. I retired last week so why am I waiting. Wifes stuff first?:oops:

whyme

Installed a 12 volt alt, installed Saturn surplus's wiper upgrade kit, made a bull bar and welded that in place, and continued work on my overhead light rack.

Seth_O

Installed a 12 volt alt, installed Saturn surplus's wiper upgrade kit, made a bull bar and welded that in place, and continued work on my overhead light rack.
Any pic's of the bull bar or light rack? What route did you go on the alt - fab the brackets or buy premade? Any pic's of it installed?

Jimma

I changed the fuel filters, oil and oil filters and front shocks in my 68 deuce, changed the oil, filters and lubricated the 71 deuce. I painted the dash in the 68 yesterday and am trying to remove the box seat in my 68 right now to replace it with a springer seat. I have having a heck of a time getting the box seat out. I cannot get a wrench on the 4 corner bolts. Any suggestion would be helpful.

kennys@wi.rr.com

I removed the "built" cargo cover and got it into the shop. Now I can start the prepping it for a fresh coat of paint. I also discovered I have lots of damaged side post and a rotted out bow. They screwed the cover to all the uprights and bows. Needeless to say a lot of the screws broke off in the metal stakes and the water ran in the screw holes causing the rot to the bows. ooks like I'll be in the market for some of this stuff in the near future.

Attachments

Jimma

I got the box seat out. It has 4 bolts. I had to find a cheap socket that has thin walls to sit down on it. My good stuff had thick walls and would not work. Got it out, cleaned the cab and painted the dash, floor, fire wall, shifters, back wall and door sills today. Oh, I painted the base to the new seats that are going in as well.

jsthnt@gmail.com

Went to the dmv and got plates. Went about 25 miles to Mindy's parents house to pick a cube storage bin to use for oil. When we were there we had airbag issues. Then the brakes locked on I don't know why, we dumped the air and backed up to limp it back to there house and they were fine. On the way home it got extreamly hot in the cab, if we turn off the coolent to the heater will it be a little cooler in the cab. So I opened the hood to see if I could turn off the coolent to the heater. And I see three different places to shut the coolent off, how do you know which one to shut off. When I was looking at the lines I noteced that one of the lines has worked itself over to the exhaust and had just burt a pin hole in the hose. I also noteced that there was a cap of some sort missing from I think the top of the rear pto right under the springs for the back of the cab. I will work on it some more tomorrow, but I think I have went backward enough for one day.

Tried to install a new set of batteries. Well the wires were shot and cracked, so I changed them. Now I am under the dash changing the wire all the way back.

What I thought would have been 20 minutes turned into five hours.

:?

hdmax

My deuce most have been angry at me, as it had a flat tire this morning. I spent about an hour and a half removing, breaking down, patching, putting it all back together, only to realize I mounted the tire for the driver side instead of the passenger side. It will have to do, as I am too old to do it twice. I could just turn the wheel/tire around and run it as if it were the outside dual. (Even though it is the front!) Hopefully I pay better attention next time.:?

Pulled my winch yesterday to change out one of the seals. The clutch side had a pretty significant leak. So far, so good. Not as hard as I thought it would be, I guess it really helps to have a chain hoist to deal with the weight. I may just tear the winch down further to see if anything else needs to be replaced.

LC

Seth_O

I've spent a lot of time thinking about it this week.......7,000 miles away :-|.

Sabbatical starts in 4wks though, I should be able to get a lot done then! On the list:
  • 12v alt and battery, wired up with fuse block
  • steam clean the engine, and paint
  • turn up the fuel (now that I have the pyro installed :jumpin:)
  • sand out some of the rust, and repaint
  • get those darned GL numbers & stickers off the side (open to suggestions how)
  • fix the softtop - it let go from the runner across the windshield almost a year ago during recovery
  • install the shifter boots my awesome wife sewed up for me
  • do something about those ruddy uncomfortable seats
  • build a WMO filtering setup - and start using the ~75ga of WMO I have in barrels
Not sure I am going to get to it all, 8wks may not be enough :(

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks