• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What happens when you mix an M-818 with ideas peppered with too much testosterone?

scootertrs

HMMM ... yeah... Deuce Fire truck almost done... 46 Indian Project almost done... HMMM Hmmmm ... My dog is looking worried that he will be sharing the dog house... I have a cherry 818 that shivers as I walk past it... maybe it knows the future? If I don't do it, it is because it is too cherry. (or maybe the significant other sets her foot down and kills the new project, even though I always get the last words in during an argument... yes dear...) Anyway, that is one fine, correct that, very very fine military means of transportation. Congratulations

ALFA2

Wow, this is one of the smoothest looking builds in a long time, elegant, not too much additional fabricating, and it looks practical as well!

Great job on doing it this way!

Keep it up.

Thanks.

ALFA2

Harold43512

I saw a bunch of bolt holes that I would have been tempted to use for a mechanical connection. Don't know if that would be the way to go, though. Probably not.

Alex400

I saw a bunch of bolt holes that I would have been tempted to use for a mechanical connection. Don't know if that would be the way to go, though. Probably not.
i guess the way i was thinking about it was running a section of plate on the inside of the C-channel, bolting it to hold it there while you run a couple full length beads down it to connect the frame rails as well as buzzing the actual joint.

Farmun

That is freakishly too kool!

And to think, most guys talk of bobbing their rides. I think you may have just strated a new trend !!!!

I think we need to have a competition to see what else can "mated" together to make that ultimate MV hybrid !!! :-D

Alex400

No quite the same kind of melding process but, I saw a log yarder build on a sherman tank lower frame section. had repowered it with a 8v71T going into the stock sherman trans from the looks of it. A pretty interesting piece to say the least. I think i have some pictures of it somewhere.

No quite the same kind of melding process but, I saw a log yarder build on a sherman tank lower frame section. had repowered it with a 8v71T going into the stock sherman trans from the looks of it. A pretty interesting piece to say the least. I think i have some pictures of it somewhere.
Yep... it was used on Axmen...... on Tv...... I forget which logging crew used it... But I think it was Pihl logging

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 5-ton frame actually fit inside of the MK frame. Blew some existing holes out with a plasma cutter and used the same frame bolts that originally held the "saddle" in.

Attachments

tdubovsky

Wouldn’t the front axle off an Oshkosh cement truck have the same ratio? I know they are the same axle used in the HEMMT.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haven't measured the wheelbase yet, but the overall length is 33 feet. It's not advisable to weld along the flange. I used the inner frame member from old tandem to reinforce the main truck frame. Also welded a support plate (photo) to the front of the trailer frame and bolted it to the truck frame.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excellent retro-engineering. It reminds me of the early NASA. Mix and match rockets, engines, boosters and stages to achieve the mission.

Did you have a specific "Mission" in mind when you "designed" this mutation?

Have you got some cost figures that you'd like to share?

Do you anticipate any problems with registration/street legal-ness of your "shop built" truck?

Thank you for sharing your project with us troops.

:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks