• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered rebuild kit for alts from CUCVElectric

took measurements for wall mount by rear radio bus for stereo amp or linear..... Also trying to figure out placement of Linear amp for CB, as it has to stay away from Sound system as much as possible

rsh4364

found an unplowed township rd.,2-3 foot drifts,turned around for the challenge, a good mile long rd. and she did it in 2wd, hopefully they dont plow tonight so gf can run camera tommorow and i can put in 4wd !!

combatmech

Performed some troubleshooting on a hard start/ rough running after start problem. Tweaked idle up a touch, replaced a leaking-dry rotted fuel line ( top inboard side of filter base to the IP ) Still need to change the fast-idle temp switch. Wanted to get the hard start problem fixed first.
If I let the truck sit for more than week, she would be hard to start. Got worse over the past few weeks. Suspected air in the system. We'll see what happens tomorrow morning.

bgekky3

I pulled mine behind my deuce for 670 miles I have 490 to go tomorrow and I pulled it 555 yesterday. I also fixed the spare tire carier today.

chief1983

Replacing dash light bulbs and thinking of drilling hole in fender for stereo antenna. My dash lights are not the brightest. Also just replaced the speedo cable since it quit working.
I had a windshield with the hidden antenna when I got my 09, might want to check to see if you have one before drilling holes in your truck. Then you just need to find the cable with the button end that attaches to the windshield, which I'm still trying to find myself. Not sure what it's called though so it's been taking me a while.

cpf240

Replacing dash light bulbs and thinking of drilling hole in fender for stereo antenna. My dash lights are not the brightest. Also just replaced the speedo cable since it quit working.
I know this is a basic suggestion, but some don't know about it... have you adjusted the brightness of the dash lights via the headlight switch?

chief1983

When I first got my CUCV, I thought there were no dash lights, and then a friend said, hey, try turning that headlight knob. Boy I felt like a horse's patoot.

And thanks richingalveston.

Last edited:

deuce200385

Today-
Doghead relay
2 new optima redtops
New alternator
Cleaned all fuses and applied Dielectric grease to everything i could find....

Next Weekend-
ORD crossover steering
PSC steering box
ORD steering box brace

rsh4364

took my 1009 over to topgun217s to compare trucks and seek advice,he also has 1009, great guy,great visit,and his son is more interested in cucvs than video games,a future collector im sure...

jets1959

took my 1009 over to topgun217s to compare trucks and seek advice,he also has 1009, great guy,great visit,and his son is more interested in cucvs than video games,a future collector im sure...
Got to get the younger generation up away from the tv and motivated. This is a great wholesome hobby to get them involved in! Great job!!!

Vhyle

Today, I finally did the resistor bypass mod, checked the air in the tires, and attached my skull n' crossbones plate to the front. So now I'm a badass.

EDIT: Oh, and I cleaned out underneath the intake manifold. Apparently a critter of some sort made it their home for who knows how long. It was packed with insulation and pine stuff. No creature will be living in my truck without paying rent!

scottladdy

... Oh, and I cleaned out underneath the intake manifold. Apparently a critter of some sort made it their home for who knows how long. It was packed with insulation and pine stuff. No creature will be living in my truck without paying rent!
There is a drain hole at the back of the valley that allows liquids to drain out through a tube that exits the side of the engine block. If there was a critter spending quality time in there, I'll bet that they plugged that hole. Something you might want to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks