• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

twa@ezdn.net

Wazzup Tim,

I like your ride height and tire/wheel setup. Can you elaborate on the size tire you are using and specs on your suspension.

Mahalo's
M1A96819

Hi, The tires are Goodyear MTR Kevlar 35's the lift is four inch with a add a leaf and block in back and new springs up front. I had Pungo off road do the work. Just finished my roof rack.

Thanks Tim

UncleSam

Fender, Door & Hood

Replaced my right front fender and door and hood. Replaced the window regulator in the door, I don't know who designed that door but they should be SHOT!!!!

There's got to be an easier way to replace a regulator..aua

:rant:

UncleSam

This pass few weeks I've added new GP Module and I've got to say that " LIFE IS GOOD!!! Iv'e cleaned up some wiring thanks to Warthog and doghead help, Thanks guys!!!
My M1009 runs so much better amd starts a lot easier, and also my gauges and light are working again, and my fast idle sol is working again

I've changed out my right door, right fender, hood and grille and front trim and headlight trim and mounts.

My brush guard is bent, has anybody had any luck having these straighten out?

I've posted some before & after pixs.....:hammer:

Attachments

DrJekl

I put a crack in my transmission about 4" from the rear that ran between the governor cover and the plug where a 2WD speedo gear goes. Built a new one and swapped it out. Good times!

chief1983

Disassembled and fixed (I think) a stuck vacuum regulator valve. The metal parts inside the valve are a bit corroded, so it might not last long, but it was stuck fully open. Now it closes properly when throttle is given, although it might be off still. Figured it was worth trying it out, to see if I can save $75.

Last edited:

acesneights1

Did the Doghead relay mod. What a great sticky.
Also I beat the balls of it at a mudbog and set Gen2 on fire washing it...[thumbzup]:mrgreen::driver:

combatmech

R&R'd engine fuel pump, ( now I see why guys go electric ) all four shocks ( M U C H better ride than before ), and a stretched out Gen2 belt.
Ready for a road trip!!!:beer:

rjinga

Starting Friday evening, off and on through this evening, I sanded, straighten, and painted the bumpers and brush guard with Rustoleum rattlecan bedliner, replaced the carriage bolts holding on the brush guard, removed the euro fog lights and replaced them with driving lights.

Attachments

maetl

Starting Friday evening, off and on through this evening, I sanded, straighten, and painted the bumpers and brush guard with Rustoleum rattlecan bedliner, replaced the carriage bolts holding on the brush guard, removed the euro fog lights and replaced them with driving lights.
That's a sharp looking truck. I've been considering redoing mine in white someday. Any way I could con you into posting more pics of yours?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks