• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevyCUCV

Started the bottom truck in my sig. New gp. Lots of white smoke on startup from pass side exhaust. Cleared up after idle
Moved it up and down the driveway, brake are mush and steering is awful, i bet axle shaft ujoints are toast.
Radiator was nasty, full of green and brown with some sandy material in it.
Idles much quieter than my other truck,

More work this week to get it ready for the road, Belts, fluids, take apart front axle hubs.

scrambled

I finally did the doghead realy mod. Since I had all of my wiring junk out I added a 7 circuit Painless Wiring panel under the dash to run the stereo, 200 watt inverter, and 12volt power port that I built into another STE/ICE plug.

UncleSam

Rebuild Alt & steering wheel straighten

I rebuild my #2 Alternator, with a kit from CUCV Electric, now she puttin' out 14.6 V...[thumbzup]

Straighten my steering wheel, it was so off, I couldn't even see the right turn signal blink on the dash when I turned it on...:hammer:

jdeoliveira74

M1009
1. Installed Bench Seat in front & jump seats in rear cargo area.
2. 6" Suspension lift.
3. New transfer case
4. New Injector Puymp
5. Dome Light
6. Complete Floor Mat front to back
7. 37" Tires with 10"x16.5 Wagon Wheels
8. Painted Exterior Green Camo
9. Powder Coated Bumpers & Lifting Shackles Satin Black

10. Tinted Rear Glass
You have pic of bench seat and jump seats

ParamediCUCV

Just dropped my M1009 off at the garage to have the tranny rebuilt after burning out a clutch plate; front seal was leaking slowly, then decided to give while doing 65 mph down the highway.

truck1

cucv upgrades

Well the list is getting longer,and the bank account smaller but I love this truck.
1. 4" ORD lift ,shackle flip rear,tuff country fronts,steering box support from ORD,sway bar quick disconnect ORD,new shocks.
2. Changed all fluids,all new V belts.
3. Complete brake job front and rear.New hard lines,and extended SS from ORD.
4. 37" Goodyear MT humvee tires on stock old GM 16.5x8 1/4 rims.
5. Repacked front wheel bearings all good from Uncle Sam,rears great also.
6. Added oil pressure gauge,Tiny Tach,Temp gauge ,12V accesorie outlet and stereo by previous owner.
7. Recored radiator with brass 4 channel US made core.
8. Custom spare tire mount in bed.
9. Under bumper receiver mount class 5 ,with tow outlet.
10. Gear vendor OD .Installation went smooth but I had to shim between TC crossmember and frame 7/8 th ". RPM's went from 2700 @ 60MPH to 2300 @ 75 MPH.Pricey but now it is a highway truck.

I plan on taking this rig from North CA.,to CO. roundtrip for elk /deer annual hunt.Will keep my fingers crossed.:wink:

Jerchambers

Well the list is getting longer,and the bank account smaller but I love this truck.
1. 4" ORD lift ,shackle flip rear,tuff country fronts,steering box support from ORD,sway bar quick disconnect ORD,new shocks.
2. Changed all fluids,all new V belts.
3. Complete brake job front and rear.New hard lines,and extended SS from ORD.
4. 37" Goodyear MT humvee tires on stock old GM 16.5x8 1/4 rims.
5. Repacked front wheel bearings all good from Uncle Sam,rears great also.
6. Added oil pressure gauge,Tiny Tach,Temp gauge ,12V accesorie outlet and stereo by previous owner.
7. Recored radiator with brass 4 channel US made core.
8. Custom spare tire mount in bed.
9. Under bumper receiver mount class 5 ,with tow outlet.
10. Gear vendor OD .Installation went smooth but I had to shim between TC crossmember and frame 7/8 th ". RPM's went from 2700 @ 60MPH to 2300 @ 75 MPH.Pricey but now it is a highway truck.

I plan on taking this rig from North CA.,to CO. roundtrip for elk /deer annual hunt.Will keep my fingers crossed.:wink:
Where in CO?

edpdx

Changed out my #2 alt. A Wilson I ordered from O'reily. I picked -up a new alt pigtail also. It was RED/WHITE instead of RED/BLACK. After tinning, soldering and heat-shrinking it together, I used a Sharpie to change the white wire to Black- I get confused otherwise later down the road.

Cleaned the contacts on both alts. The needle ran just to the left of the tick on the voltage meter. No more blinking #2 alt lamp on the dash :).

CGSDarkstar

Center Console Update

Updated my center console with 4 over engineered cigarette lighters (yes i smoke that much), added a light to see into the bloody thing at night, and tossed in a POS CB for the fun of it.

Thx to whomever originally thought of using empty ammo cans for consoles, never new what to do with them after i use all my rounds on the neighbors . . .

Attachments

Last edited:

ruger2171

I am new to the cucv thing! I just recently picked up an m1010 from one of our member in California. Ive had it about 2 months now. So.. far Ive removed a/c from box. Cleaned everything out of ambulance body and applied 3 layers of Hurculiner. Replaced all lights to LEDs. I will be adding 3in lift and spin on fuel filter soon.... Yes I will post pics soon....:-D

chief1983

Replaced the shot vacuum valve with a new one from eBay, now $150 in the transmission finally shifts correctly. Pump and valve were both shot, I may change the modulator too since that's only $8, but it's never shifted so well the entire time I've had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks