• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
clear hoses

That's a good modification, but don't tell some folks here you did that. It's heresy!

But why is it black? Couldn't you find some neon green heater hose?
Well, now, I believe you are on to something....if I use clear​ hose, then the bright green coolant would show thru.............heeeey ;)
clear hoses.jpg

Last edited:

rustystud

So now you have to spill your Jedi master knowledge... How do you check endplay without touching the splines? Tractor beam? Some magical expensive tool?
I do own the "special' tools to check the end-play, but the easiest way is to just hold the unit upside down and push up the input shaft. I own the "kent moore" transmission holder so it is easy to invert the transmission. If you did want to buy the "special" tool you can find it on eBay for under $30.00 .

Chaski

I do own the "special' tools to check the end-play, but the easiest way is to just hold the unit upside down and push up the input shaft. I own the "kent moore" transmission holder so it is easy to invert the transmission. If you did want to buy the "special" tool you can find it on eBay for under $30.00 .
Use gravity? That is cheating! When the day comes that I do another transmission I’ll remember that trick. Hopefully this weekend I’ll actually get the transmission swapped and do some fine tuning providing I didn’t totally screw anything up.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use gravity? That is cheating! When the day comes that I do another transmission I’ll remember that trick. Hopefully this weekend I’ll actually get the transmission swapped and do some fine tuning providing I didn’t totally screw anything up.
Ah, but he did use gravity for good, not for evil.

amgeneral72

Yesterday I installed a few of my new antenna brush guards on to the wife's M1009. I had stolen the origionals for another project because I didn't have enough. I got tired of looking for them all the time so I had a local shop make some for me.

Worked out nice.

IMG_1984.jpg IMG_1982.jpg IMG_1485.JPG IMG_1486.JPG IMG_1488.JPG IMG_1484.JPG

85CUCVtom

Yesterday I installed a few of my new antenna brush guards on to the wife's M1009. I had stolen the origionals for another project because I didn't have enough. I got tired of looking for them all the time so I had a local shop make some for me.

Worked out nice.

View attachment 713467 View attachment 713468 View attachment 713469 View attachment 713470 View attachment 713471 View attachment 713472
Looks really good! I assume you are planning on selling some?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DREDnot

While everyone else is freezing, today was up to 79 and a good day to try to install the LMC truck vinyl floor kit I got for Christmas.
Between the heat
ThermalCamera2017-11-10_02-26-57-0700.png
and the droning of the floorboards, I also layed in some poor mans dyna-mat.
DSCN3512.jpg One roll each $17 and $19 respectively from lowes.

DSCN3517.jpg
DSCN3533.jpgThis was the coverage from one roll of each

DSCN3538.jpgPadding that came with the kit

DSCN3541.jpg

DSCN3546.jpgI got this far by the time the sun set and it was too cold(65*) to stretch the wrinkles out any more.

DSCN3552.jpg

MarcusOReallyus

While everyone else is freezing, today was up to 79 and a good day to try to install the LMC truck vinyl floor kit I got for Christmas.
Between the heat

and the droning of the floorboards, I also layed in some poor mans dyna-mat.
One roll each $17 and $19 respectively from lowes.

Well, well, well, wouldja lookey there! DREDnot, that's slick. You are not as dumb as I look! [thumbzup]

Where did you use each kind of material? Or did you use one as a base layer, and one as a top layer? If so, which was which?

DREDnot

Where did you use each kind of material? Or did you use one as a base layer, and one as a top layer? If so, which was which?
I just got one roll of each as I was most interested in covering the front footwell that droned horrendously and the heat from the tunnel.
I layed the thinner peel and seal strips on the outer areas of the footwell. Three strips on each side used that whole roll.

I layed the thicker duct foam down on the tunnel in two strips with the remaining foam product on either outboard side of that. If I had gotten enough to do the whole floor, I would have put all the peel and seal down as a base and the frost king foam on top. The peel and seal is thin and doesn't compress/wrinkle like the foam does and seemed like a better base layer.

DSCN3522.jpg

DSCN3527.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks