• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

hillbillygmc

Finally finished it. Took it on a 2 day camping trip. Lots of fun driving through about 20 miles of rugged terrain filled with steep climbs and many a mud hole.

Got the front seats back in, seatbelts in, spare tire, jack and tools in, radio rack in, rifle mounts in, new seals on the cap all around, reinstalled cap, new door seals and window seals. Also got the antenna guard, mount and base installed. Busy weekend. I can atleast drive to the rally now. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379901006.054052.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379901031.346480.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379901061.858868.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379901084.515212.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379901108.268329.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379901135.062145.jpg

richingalveston

cb mount

finished installing the shifters. I decided to move my CB behind the shifters and I will also add a stereo that will be in a box on top of the CB. I made a mounting plate that is bolted in where the shifter boots mount. I left a little bit of metal below the shifters so that I can fab some custom cup holders and mount to the plate also.

I also had to put the small tires back on the truck, it is going in for its first alignment tomorrow since the lift and axle change and if I can get my wipers to work they will to the inspection also.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the front seats back in, seatbelts in, spare tire, jack and tools in, radio rack in, rifle mounts in, new seals on the cap all around, reinstalled cap, new door seals and window seals. Also got the antenna guard, mount and base installed. Busy weekend. I can atleast drive to the rally now. :)

]
The A2 looks good in the rifle rack! Nicely done.

richingalveston

Transfer case shifters, left one switches the planetary box other two switch the 205, the far right shifter changes the front output on the t-case (H-N-L) the center changes the rear output (H=N=L). You can run it in front wheel drive Hi or low and have rear wheel in neutral or rear wheel Hi or Low with front in neutral. In four wheel drive both levers will only go either both in Hi or both in Low. You should shift the rear wheel in Hi or Lo first then follow with the front in High or Low. When changing back, you should first put the front in Neutral then shift the rear. The planetary box can be shifted at any time, it is between the tranny and 205 so it is just an additional low gear. It allows you to crawl while the tranny is in 2nd and 3rd gear with the torque converter locked.

I_Publius

My newly installed belts were squealing, so i put a stop to that, the old fashioned way. I re-tightened the belts. ;)

I put a second layer of fiberglass on my roof this afternoon. The Sheriff's Dept had lights installed that were bolted into the ceiling. When they took the lights off, they left two quarter sized holes. I figured since we are going into a rainy season, it would be best to patch them up.

86k5

How pleased are you with the interior sound reduction?
It still has road noise. But the dynamat and carpet helped big time it should help hold the heat in this winter as well. I think it was all worth the time and money. Now it has some comfort and you can talk to the person next to ya with your inside voice.

wrex

Here's pics of the Curt hitch and pintle adapter that I installed last week. Did the job. Still a little low for the M1101 trailer that I picked up Monday, so I'll be switching out the tires on the trailer and should be level.

IMG_20130926_073156_965.jpgIMG_20130926_073204_195.jpgIMG_20130926_073216_037.jpg

Trailer:
IMG_20130923_103001_268.jpg

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's pics of the Curt hitch and pintle adapter that I installed last week. Did the job. Still a little low for the M1101 trailer that I picked up Monday, so I'll be switching out the tires on the trailer and should be level.
I had a set-up like that on my Jeep WK before I bought the M1009. The lunette ring on the M1101 is pretty beefy and it got bound in the pintle which put a permanent twist in the riser.

wrex

I had a set-up like that on my Jeep WK before I bought the M1009. The lunette ring on the M1101 is pretty beefy and it got bound in the pintle which put a permanent twist in the riser.

Where you 4-wheeling or on a trail? Being that this doesn't swivel like the original that goes on the bumper, made me wonder about that, as well.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where you 4-wheeling or on a trail? Being that this doesn't swivel like the original that goes on the bumper, made me wonder about that, as well.
No, I was pulling out of a parking space at the Sears in the mall. I didn't notice anything until I heard a very loud bang which was the bound lunette ring popping free.

I don't know if globbing some grease on the pintle would help or just make a mess. I would at least weld some reinforcement webbing from the top of the riser plate to the receiver as I think it's more prone to twisting when you're using the top bolt holes. That thin piece of steel seems like a weak link.

HardOver.jpg

Last edited:

wrex

No, I was pulling out of a parking space at the Sears in the mall. I didn't notice anything until I heard a very loud bang which was the bound lunette ring popping free.

I don't know if globbing some grease on the pintle would help or just make a mess. I would at least weld some reinforcement webbing from the top of the riser plate to the receiver as I think it's more prone to twisting when you're using the top bolt holes. That thin piece of steel seems like a weak link.

View attachment 454056
Odd. It didn't give me any issues for about 1000 miles. Maybe you cut the turn to hard/sharp or something. I dunno but you're prolly right. A reinforcement weld would be a good idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks