• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

BostonPatriot28

I took my CUCV to Freeport, MAINE :driver:I left from West Virginia on the July 18th & stayed in Rhode Island for the night, and left the next morning took over 4 1/2 hours because of a accident with two vehicle's, plus the state trooper behind them everyone had to gawk at the scene! I took my son and two daughter's out with my old lady and her folks came out too. I have some photo's of the campground as well as Portland & some of I-495 I-95 got home 2 days ago now lost a total amount of 5-6 qts of Dexron III, dropped the truck off at the shop yesterday at 8am. Had a great time in Maine now back to work aua

20140719_105145.jpg20140719_145512.jpg20140721_195453.jpg20140720_074656.jpg20140721_200858.jpgDSCF5577.jpgDSCF5611.jpgDSCF5613.jpgDSCF5594.jpgDSCF5607.jpg so in my case RobM36A2 my truck broke during vacation

Attachments

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally installed an additional slave port on my contact maintenance truck. Because of where I park the truck, a port on the back of the truck is more convenient if the need arises to start my generators or M35. Ran 1/0 welding cable to the buss bars on the firewall. Protected by a 400 amp fuse. Made a cap for it out of CPVC.

Attachments

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally installed an additional slave port on my contact maintenance truck. Because of where I park the truck, a port on the back of the truck is more convenient if the need arises to start my generators or M35. Ran 1/0 welding cable to the buss bars on the firewall. Protected by a 400 amp fuse. Made a cap for it out of CPVC.

I always wondered why those trucks didn't have more than one port.. It would seem that in some situations it wouldn't be feasible to nose to nose the ports...

MarcusOReallyus

Love that cap! What size did you use? Did you glue a cap onto some pipe to make it deep enough?

1StumpJumper

What are those tires? Did you have to lift it for clearance?
They are a trial set of 37"s on Ford 16.5 steel discs. I am eventually going with 12 bolts. The fenders were bent up from GL so I cut the fenders to see how well the 37s would fit with no lift. I ended up replacing the front springs, shackles, and bushings with stock height springs and recovered 2-1/2" of ride height and the death wobble went away.

sOReallyus;1581783]Why? Just because it looks good? Or is there some other benefit?[/QUOTE]

My bed was also slapped around by GL so a swap was in order anyway. I really like the look of the M101 beds on these.

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love that cap! What size did you use? Did you glue a cap onto some pipe to make it deep enough?
Two pieces, 1-1/4" coupler and 1-1/4" cap. The coupler has a rib inside to keep pipe from slipping through. I carefully filed the rib until the coupler fit the slave port snugly. Don't file too much. Then cut the dome from the cap, and glued it to the coupler. Used solderless terminals crimped to paracord for the lanyard.

gpzTurbo

New stock size wheels and tires from the local 4x4 shop.
After welding new steel into the rotted front floor and then coating with Por15 I had the whole floor Rhino lined.
Replaced bench seat with a Tahoe (3rd row) one for the kids.
I ordered a marine stereo today and will tackle that install next.
1009_1.jpg
backseat_1.jpg
backseat_2.jpg
18008635-77f9-4f74-a32a-d299d71903f3.jpg
rhino_1.jpg

Last edited:

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Changed insurance companies from State Farm to Geico. The former said " Hey, that is a Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicle, so it has to be insured as a commercial truck. Pfffft.

chief1983

And Geico will do you better? AmFam was more than cool with it, when I said it's just a K5 with stiffer springs and a diesel. Offered to send pics and they didn't even care. But I have a pretty chill agent.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DO NOT TURN THIS INTO AN INSURANCE THREAD.

I will delete the entire thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks