• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Used the truck for a purpose finally lol. Set the 14 poles for the hay shed today. Barely had enough reach but made it work. Worked quit well actually. Found two more hoses that showed their face weeping so I’ll address them soon enough.

Attachments

coachgeo

Used the truck for a purpose .....
since this thread tends to be more about folk have done TO their truck like fixing their FMTV t... you might consider cut paste post from here and put it in the thread that is oriented toward what someone has done WITH their truck. Will help the two threads not get confuddled..... and help keep them both up near the top.

Mods? can you stick these two different threads maybe?

Another Ahab

Used the truck for a purpose finally lol. Set the 14 poles for the hay shed today.
I was just wondering how you plumb up something as big and heavy as those barn poles, when I noticed something:

- Some of your poles are round and some are squared off

Does that make it harder to line up everything to carry your "purlins" (or whatever you barn builders call the "stretchers")?

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
since this thread tends to be more about folk have done TO their truck like fixing their FMTV t... you might consider cut paste post from here and put it in the thread that is oriented toward what someone has done WITH their truck. Will help the two threads not get confuddled..... and help keep them both up near the top.

Mods? can you stick these two different threads maybe?

Yea I must have overlooked that one, will do appreciate the heads up

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just wondering how you plumb up something as big and heavy as those barn poles, when I noticed something:

- Some of your poles are round and some are squared off

Does that make it harder to line up everything to carry your "purlins" (or whatever you barn builders call the "stretchers")?

Honestly it’s not to bad to plum them up. between the crane and using a large tamping bar to pry with at the bottom of the hole you can actually move them around pretty easily. As for why some of them are squared off, right down the hill from the hay shed my cousin has a portable sawmill and he squared off four to use on the corners to make it easier to line up the corners to get them plum and squared to each other. The rest were not needed to be square. Regular square post would be easier to deal with but between the size and price of these, couldn’t pass them up.

coachgeo

Yep.

Dunno why he didn't pursue the Axletech project other than he he's still dragging home truckloads of 3:07s.

It would even resolve the driveline vibrations the Meritor suffers due to the harsh angle aft.
My guess is cause he is smart southern boy.... he's got a good thing going.... once the market he is in dries out....... he has plan B.... axletechs. That and the mud truck guys will buy some of the axle techs for more money than the FMTV crowd will.

JD4044M

Installed the M1078 Generator today I bought a while back off EBay. It works and is charging the Batteries OK. Total Voltage is 28.1 Volts 13.51 VDC and 14.49 VDC to the 12 Volt battery. The 12 volt one needed little more of a charge in the test? After I go for a drive leave them all hooked in over night and see if there is any loss that means anything? The Old one was lower voltage and had a bad bearing too! Just could not hear it over the engine noise. I will save the regulator off it just in case. Nice Original Shock Bushing!!DSCF6865.JPG

Third From Texas

Tossed my seats in today. Did two different mounting methods to see what works best. I have short legs, so after I did the passenger side I realized I wanted the driver side lower (anything above the center hump just feels like a reach to my stubby little appendages. The first I used 2" angle and flat stock. The driver side used 1" box tubing (just right). And I kept the OEM slider.

I'll ride in them a month of so and see how I like 'em.

If all goes well I'll be unloading my original A1R seats with new covers last year. The middle seat needs a base cover (or maybe it's the back, I'll have to look next time I'm in storage). Shipping is of course a bitch of a cost but I'll pallet them if I unload them (cheap, w/o sliders but they are universal thru the S&S line)) if it comes to be

Resized_20210712_160517.jpeg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks