• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HEMTT/PLS/MK48 this week

HASSON1911

What's the thought on a Frankenstein M977 with a reinforced bed and side dump capabilities. Impossible no, but I thought with the HEMTT's wide stance and low center of gravity it would make a decent side dump.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If the frame is NOT built for a side dump, the frame WILL be baldly stressed, with the out riggers out will make things worse.

HASSON1911

If the frame is NOT built for a side dump, the frame WILL be baldly stressed, with the out riggers out will make things worse.
Would this be a problem if one were to look at a side dump and make appropriate braces in the chassis.

My plans would not be to "max it out" but probably more for wood and dirt rather than rocks or cement particles.

But I do understand your point too

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dusted mine off and took it for a drive around my workbench while mumbling..."One day I'll be cool like Ken". aua

20160515_173300.jpg

5 Tons For Life! :mrgreen:

Alco424

Alco, is there any chance that someone could get one approved for shipment to Canada? How have the fires been up your way?
I was under the understanding that you couldn't export them without approval. Maybe there is a way?

The fires currently have me evacuated, thankfully, I have a second house, and am currently living there. There were several parts of our city that were virtually wiped out. I'm fortunate that my house in Fort McMurray is fine, so I am in good shape. Unfortunately, many weren't so lucky.

Brian

dk8019

image.jpgimage.jpg

Messed around with the M989A1 trailer. Need to find a pintle locking pin, thing is nearly impossible to back up. Makes for a long multi pivoting train though!

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Napa radiator cap 703-1418
Heater valve 74828
Napa u joint HD5-280X
Fan belt AX46 times 3
Alternator belts 45013 times 2
Transmission filter Fram P3613
Oil Delo 100 8 gal with filter change 7 with out.
Oil filter Fram CH33APL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks