• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Dock Rocker

Got the hard doors fitted and latching right.

I got some new headlights put in. It hasn’t had any for a while.

Fixed the stupid heat girls on the passenger header that rattles.

The wipers were inop so i disassembled the Motor and found the lower portion where the brushes and magnets were was 3/4 full of water. I drained it and cleaned up the inside. It’s back to working again.

Got one cell phone charger installed.

Fitted my radio rack and got a couple of Ram balls mounted.

Tomorrow is going to be wiring fun. Going to put in a 12v fuse block and wire everything up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riderdan

Not really to my HMMWV, but for it...

winter-box1.jpg

winter-box2.jpg

Made out of a tackle box, a NOCO 24v charger, a Nato slave plug. I put the box under the front of the truck and plug it into an extension cord. The cord powers the charger and a short extension cord that comes out the same end as the slave plug. I plug the Nato connector into the battery box and my block heater into the short extension cord. In cold weather, it keeps the batteries up, heats the block, and makes starting a snap on those days when the high is in the teens. Since it's a single unit, it's easy to drag in and out of the garage when needed.

tomcata3

I weld hinge to cover then riveted it to hmmwv. I was thinking about making kits if there was a demand.
I was thinking $120 with free shipping. PM me if interested.
DSC03689.jpg

Last edited:

NormB

Nice job TCA3.
I would be interested.
Ditto. Even better would be rolled edges top/front - little overkill but one less thing for wind noise - maybe - keep road grime/mud out from underneath.

Either way, PM me a quote for one, I’ll contemplate it.

Thanks.

shawnshumvee

Another member installed in the same location, I just copied his idea, there is also enough room left to reinstall the Air Restriction Gauge. Best thing is I can see it perfectly while driving. I recommend this location.
Yeah that other member is me. I believe I was the first to place the tach in that location? but yeah it’s an awesome location because it allows the (missing) Tach gauge to be some what in the same vicinity of the other gauges thus completing a true dash cluster and making the gauge easy to see. It makes perfect since at the end of the day. But nice clean install. Good job.

dhaumann69166

Last night I got my insulation installed on the ceiling and doors. The aluminum doors and top sucked up a ton of heat. I used 1/4 closed cell foam with Mylar on both sides. It was $70 for 100sq ft (25x4) way cheaper than dynomat and does the exact same thing. I was amazed how much it reduced noise and held heat. Extreme difference. You have to make sure you get every inch covered with adhesive to get the best sound results. The doors will get mostly covered and as much of the firewall as I can get. Also going to do the area between the seats and it should wrap about 10 inches down the sides. I am thinking about doing a light coat of flat white over everything to cut down on the shinny inside. It isn’t annoying or noticeable reflection but I just think it would look better. 974AC5A8-8B2E-45A8-8A59-BFF69FD7A3C1.jpgE3B1ABEF-6BF2-4868-BE30-18B27D94CAF0.jpgA75110BA-A8D9-4FF0-8BF0-CE65145423FC.jpg09D81282-E514-4910-B282-FA4CF74BC0B1.jpg

dhaumann69166

Also need to add that you need to have your body panels warm. I had a Val6 blasting from the outside and space heaters inside and blankets on the roof to hold the heat. First night I didn’t get the roof warm enough and it didn’t stick in a few spots.

Action

Also need to add that you need to have your body panels warm. I had a Val6 blasting from the outside and space heaters inside and blankets on the roof to hold the heat. First night I didn’t get the roof warm enough and it didn’t stick in a few spots.
Will that adhesive give way when it gets hot again in the summer?

dhaumann69166

I think the adhesive should hold in summer heat. I had the shop heater a little to close to the door and it was a little to hot to touch on the outside so just out of curiosity I pulled on the foam on the inside and it was stuck hard! I think as long as you start with a good clean warm surface and let it dry good you will be fine. I used gorilla glue spray on the doors and some high power trim adhesive for the ceiling. I washed everything then wiped it down with rubbing alcohol before spraying adhesive. I was driving around a little bit ago in 20 degree weather 60mph with just socks no shoes and my feet stayed warm. Couldn’t have done that with tennis shoes before the insulation.

shanebaby

I removed all the rear camber shims, adjusted rear toe out, adjusted front toe in which was toed in 1 1/2” wow and discovered I need an idler arm. And had a loose nut on one of the tie rods.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks