• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

BLK HMMWV

I guess my question is why are you wearing ACUs? You not contractors, NG, Reservist, Active Duty, or reenactors.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk
I'm not going to try and answer for him. But if I were to guess because they kind of go with the truck. There comfortable, have great pockets , and are reasonably priced.
He isn't wearing any rank , He's not in my opinion disrespecting the uniform.
As long as he is carrying himself in a respectful manner what difference does it make?

suzukovich

I'm not going to try and answer for him. But if I were to guess because they kind of go with the truck. There comfortable, have great pockets , and are reasonably priced.
He isn't wearing any rank , He's not in my opinion disrespecting the uniform.
As long as he is carrying himself in a respectful manner what difference does it make?
Look again. It dose matter. I do events with my Humvee. I don't put my uniform on and I am a 24yr retired Army veteran. But if I did it would be worn right and certainly not ACUs. Although not their intent, they look like PX warriors trying to get a free meal.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look again. It dose matter. I do events with my Humvee. I don't put my uniform on and I am a 24yr retired Army veteran. But if I did it would be worn right and certainly not ACUs. Although not their intent, they look like PX warriors trying to get a free meal.

Did you see Project 425 on the guys shirt ?
Its a Veterans support group.
I as a Vet. see no problem with them.

shawnshumvee

I would have to agree with BLK HMMWV. I mean as long as they are not capitalizing in anyway by wearing the ACU's (Like stolen valor) I mean it's really no biggie. After all the United States Government allows the sale of this stuff to the general public by the TON. They are just cloths at the end of day. I mean I use to wear ACU's when I first stated playing paintball. I'm more of a BDU Guy and yes I wear A real Military issued BDU parka every now and then. I say Cut the guys a brake, I believe they meant know harm.

Just my Two cents.

BLK HMMWV

First off thanks for your service.
I did look again and saw nothing other then a name , and a flag and a project 425 patch.
Looks like 2 guys that took the time to go pay tribute to people like you on veterans appreciation day.
Not sure how you established there eating for free.
Can you please take a few minutes to tell us what the proper way to show respect is?

Dock Rocker

Last I heard it we live in still a free country and he doesn’t appear to be violating any laws so live and let live.

It’s crazy to think the “oh my god i am offended” people have even penetrated the ranks of SS. We are doomed.

infidel got me

I own quite a few bdu/acu items. No rank/name/badging. I like them cause they are comfortable- hold up to abuse- and my wife wont yell at me if they get thrown in the wash. She does these separate.. Been wearing them for years and will continue to do so. NO STOLEN VALOR HERE. I know TWISTED 60 and believe me, he is a stand up guy and not trying to comp a free meal..... If you read his posts he attends almost all military/veteran events. He donates time and money as well!!!

Last edited:

suzukovich

I did look again and saw nothing other then a name , and a flag and a project 425 patch.
Looks like 2 guys that took the time to go pay tribute to people like you on veterans appreciation day.
Can you please take a few minutes to tell us what the proper way to show respect is?
Pet peeve , I will admit. Don't have to wear a uniform to be a vet at an event or prove your a vet. Class A or Bs a better choice. VFW, AL, AMVETS, and simlar organizations have uniforms that do not mirror current or past Millitary uniforms. Their are alot of peaple who have never served and don't know the difference Active duty and for what they are doing. They see the ACUs worn and automatically think that's how soldiers are suppose to look. The last time I put my ACUs on was for a veterans day parade I was in. Afterwards went to eat with family. Peaple were trying to pay for my meal. Felt like an idiot because that not why I had it on. Do I it for the active duty personnel, They deserve it. The reality is even when I was active duty ,like most didn't take or politely turned down meal offers. I do take advantage of mil discounts but also have an DOD id card and its a benifit I earned. Bottom line, Its the thought that counts.

Uniforms and vehicles. Wear the uniform for the era of the vehicle if you must. BDU or DCUs with the HUMVEEs since the good idea fairy ACUs didn't get fielded until 2005, unless your driving an Uparmored look a like.

AR670-1 for uniform standard.

suzukovich

Didnt say they they were eating for free. I know not there intention. Just look like guys who take advantage of free meals.

Awol

Last I heard it we live in still a free country and he doesn’t appear to be violating any laws so live and let live.

It’s crazy to think the “oh my god i am offended” people have even penetrated the ranks of SS. We are doomed.
Right? I didn't see anything that would leave me to believe he was trying to steal valor. No rank or markings of any sort kinda gives it away.

I actually had a someone in the Army give me ACUs that he had worn over in Iraq. He said he didn't want them, as he had several. He never batted an eye when I threw the jacket on. No stolen valor, just someone wearing camo. Last I checked, we're still allowed to do that in this country.

I guess some people are just touchy over it. It seems to be a common theme, and it's slowly penetrating SS.

BLK HMMWV

Didnt say they they were eating for free. I know not there intention. Just look like guys who take advantage of free meals.

I don't want to see this thread go sideways.
I'm still not clear how you can tell by looking at a picture how they look like guys who take advantage of a free meal.
I understand and respect you earned the right to wear the uniform. And once again I respect you for your service.
But what I don't get is how you can form an opinion about him without ever talking to him .
You seem to be able to call to question his motives, frame of mind , and his ability to pay for his own food all from his picture.
Please tell us what a PX warrior is and how you have come by your assumption that that's what he is.

Most car clubs, Memorial Day and Veterans Day event organizers routinely ask for volunteers to come out with their civilian owned vehicles . The owners of said vehicles receive no money for gas or maintenance of their vehicles but most of the time they do get offered a free lunch or breakfast but not always.

It would be nice to see a section on Steel Soldiers where current and former military personnel could get together and make a sticky for the civilian members of SS could go and get the basic understanding of just how they are to dress while showing respect to our past and present men and women in uniform. Most of us end up asking those we come in contact with in our families or our friends families.
I have been told that a uniform with just a name tag was ok I would guess we both agree that the flag is ok? and I'm guessing the project 425 tag is ok.
The hard part is I guess the basic pattern of the uniform.
Since almost every military vehicle swap meet , surplus store and gun show is flooded with the stuff it is only natural for us to buy it.

Thank you for the last bit of info related to uniforms and vehicles.
BH

suzukovich

I don't want to see this thread go sideways.
I'm still not clear how you can tell by looking at a picture how they look like guys who take advantage of a free meal.
I understand and respect you earned the right to wear the uniform. And once again I respect you for your service.
But what I don't get is how you can form an opinion about him without ever talking to him .
You seem to be able to call to question his motives, frame of mind , and his ability to pay for his own food all from his picture.
Please tell us what a PX warrior is and how you have come by your assumption that that's what he is.

Most car clubs, Memorial Day and Veterans Day event organizers routinely ask for volunteers to come out with their civilian owned vehicles . The owners of said vehicles receive no money for gas or maintenance of their vehicles but most of the time they do get offered a free lunch or breakfast but not always.

It would be nice to see a section on Steel Soldiers where current and former military personnel could get together and make a sticky for the civilian members of SS could go and get the basic understanding of just how they are to dress while showing respect to our past and present men and women in uniform. Most of us end up asking those we come in contact with in our families or our friends families.
I have been told that a uniform with just a name tag was ok I would guess we both agree that the flag is ok? and I'm guessing the project 425 tag is ok.
The hard part is I guess the basic pattern of the uniform.
Since almost every military vehicle swap meet , surplus store and gun show is flooded with the stuff it is only natural for us to buy it.

Thank you for the last bit of info related to uniforms and vehicles.
BH
I never said they were wearing uniforms to get free meals. What I was saying that there are peaple who do take advantage of offers for vets and active duty personnel by dressing up in uniforms bought at surplus stores along with devices. They always in most case are wearing things incorrectly. The problem is since 90% of the contry never served, They don't know better and give them stuff.

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ordered mine on Amazon. I just checked, they are out of stock right now. ANNT 27w flood, 12/24v. These came with mounts and good length of wiring. They are quite a few options on there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks