• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

JEB

Went to a Pearl Harbor remembrance day, had 3 WW2 Vets there who were at Pearl Harbor on the day.
There were 12 MV's there, I know my Humvee is not time period appropriate but it's the thought that counts.
Good on ya'!
Despite it being a few gererations newer, I'm sure the vets appreciated it.
In the Air show world the Air Force has "Heritage Flights" where owners of warbirds like a P-51, P-47 or P-40 go through special safety training so they can fly a formation with a current fighter...F-15, 16 or 22.
Next time your the "young timer" in a parade think of yourself as the F-22 pilot.

90Jimmy

Very nice, Do they sell direct or did you use a distributor?
Not sure about that, I wanted a set and had visited the BMI website looking at them, soon after stumbled across these on the eBay. When they were first listed offers were being accepted, now it looks like they are a set price. Guessing they got wise. I got a better deal than what they want now. They were new in package.

Gear Report

The bottom of the IP in the M1045A2 sat in water for a few years while the USMC had the truck in longterm storage and was rusted solid. I pulled the IP to swap in a locally sourced replacement.
Then realized the replacement is for a 3 speed truck, not a 6.5 with 4 speed. That is the last time I trust that Active Duty Army mechanic. grrr
Gear-Report_HMMWV_M1045A2_Battlewagon_2_Fuel_Injection_Pump (18).jpgGear-Report_HMMWV_M1045A2_Battlewagon_2_replace_Fuel_Injection_Pump (39).jpg
So, sending the original IP off to be rebuilt.
That gives me a week or more to focus on prepping the turret parts for installation while the truck is stuck in the garage. :)
Daily project updates: https://gear-report.com/p/6cb

Attachments

Mario

I like it.
Question though -- why did you install side cameras on the rear quarter panel instead something towards the front (fender, front wheel well)? You call it blind spot eliminator, but where it's at, you still have a blind spot.

Hey guys new addition to the Humvee. I installed a full dvr camera system! It’s a 7inch monitor with four camera. Here’s some pics and a full video!

https://youtu.be/BWbuoI7jMcI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gear Report

I like it. Question though -- why did you install side cameras on the rear quarter panel instead something towards the front (fender, front wheel well)? You call it blind spot eliminator, but where it's at, you still have a blind spot.
True... and they would be better protected below the mirrors.

Dele16

I like it.
Question though -- why did you install side cameras on the rear quarter panel instead something towards the front (fender, front wheel well)? You call it blind spot eliminator, but where it's at, you still have a blind spot.
Thanks! And I mounted the camera there Because it works well there
(for mounting) and the camera has a wide viewing angle so its nice in that position. I’ll post videos of actual driving next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gear Report

Installed Airlift bumper and pinball hitch. Gear-Report_HMMWV_M1045A2_Battlewagon_2_airlift_bumper_install (6).jpg
Sent IP to be rebuilt. REALLY hoping it comes back this week for installation over the holiday break.
Finished installing the new round LED side marker lights.
Installed one JW Speaker LED headlight to test against the military 24v incandescent light. Will also test Truck-Lite headed headlights and cheap chinese headlights soon. Gear-Report_HMMWV_M1045A2_Battlewagon_2_LED_side_marker_lights (6).jpg
And a bunch more... https://gear-report.com/p/6cb

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a link?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I sent a PM regarding search terms (but not a link), and this ladder was a one-off sale. Links to FleaPay are forbidden on this forum, and I was recently reprimanded/reminded (but gently and without points). :rules:

Best,

T

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks