What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

fpchief

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have a growing presence in FL Panhandle, about 5 owners just in Navarre, a potential former Marine in Pensacola wanting my 1994 M1097A1 then you boys in Alabama. Trying to get my OIF1 5SFG GMV roadworthy and safe for one of the meets at the USS Alabama in Mobile.
You have a Flyer?

papakb

Lovely day today! Last week while I was working under my 996 ambulance I reached up and grabbed the right front brake caliper and it rocked all over the place. The bolts to the differential had come loose. To tighten them you need to remove the wheel and tire, the half shaft, and the caliper and rotor. When I got that all off I saw that the brake yoke had been rubbing on the differential output flange and had broken cleanly in half! It's not an expensive part but takes a while to replace. None of the others were loose but it never hurts to roll around on your creeper and look at everything while you're down there.

Mogman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Indirectly connected to HMMWV, I picked up a HMMWV hauler today, very clean one owner 2008 GMC Sierra 3500HD SLT Duramax, I mean this thing has every option one could order, very nice leather even the dang pedals move! high millage but the guy had all the service records and he really took care of it, this thing is in MUCH better shape than my wife's 2013 F150 with only 90K on it!
It is also the same year as the Duramax donor I picked up for the M998 #2 project, if I ever get it...
Now to find that deckover bumper pull or now optional goosneck trailer, I may have to put my front porch back in service..
2008.jpg
Front Porch.JPG
Although I would have to convert it from vac/hyd to electric brakes, it's allot of work installing vac/hyd controls on a truck especially one that has no vacuum LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks