• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

I have the same radio as you do. How did you interface to your LS 671 speaker. I have a Vic 3 intercom with an older speaker that works fine but I like the look of the LS 671 Thanks Very clean install!
You come out of one of the three crew plugs at the top of the am1780 and there’s a special cable made for the adaptation and the cable is marked “ speaker end “ so it’s going in the right direction. So I just ran one cable to the rear intercom sets and daisy chained to the other rear.

Ajax MD

Ah-ha... I have discovered that my stop lights don't come on without pressing the pedal pretty hard. I wonder how long I've been screwing up the people following me when I stop the truck? I feel guilty about that. :oops:

I found the stop light switch adjustment procedure and even the PS Magazine clip that corrects the -20-2 manual, so I'll get right on that this afternoon.

mattylrossi

Just about done
Paint
Hard doors
Keyed ignition
Grounding kit
4 man soft top
Linex interior

Before and after

Any one have a good diagram or parts link for the diagonal supports that attach to the c pillar, the soft top has space for them. Trying to figure out their importance and or function ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
replaced the faulty voltage regulator in my truck (200 amp system)
Part took almost 3 weeks to get here from when I ordered it, and Fedex couldn't make up their mind (6 different emails with shipping updates).
A whole 30 minutes after it got here truck was up and running again (and only took that long because I used all hand tools, took my time, and added anti seize and dielectric grease to stuff)

DREDnot

Any one have a good diagram or parts link for the diagonal supports that attach to the c pillar, the soft top has space for them. Trying to figure out their importance and or function ?
Can't picture any "diagonal supports" for the C pillar...What are you referring to?
The side rails for the soft top?

Crapgame

So, the thought of paying $650 for the fording exhaust pipe is more than I want in o spend. So for a $ 52 piece of pipe and two cans of header paint in flat black I made my own. I’m going to have someone roll me a piece of expanded metal for the guard.
Milbot on ebay has over 10 NOS DWF Exhaust Pipes for $400 each, including shipping, cheapest I've ever seen them, and you may be able to offer 15-20% off the asking price

Paul C

After 3 weeks working on a total rebuild of the drivers side of the engine I am nearly complete. Got it all going perfectly today. All new parts I could find and every bracket sand blasted and repainted with 2 pot ( 4 coats ) . Still trying to get an emissions control sticker to replace stuff I put on new rocker cover and purchased a new Cadillac valve and then spilt cleaner on the sticker, really pissed me off so stuck GM sticker on it to make me happy in the meantime while I either track down a new sticker or another valve...drivin for perfection

Attachments

Ajax MD

replaced the faulty voltage regulator in my truck (200 amp system)
Part took almost 3 weeks to get here from when I ordered it, and Fedex couldn't make up their mind (6 different emails with shipping updates).
A whole 30 minutes after it got here truck was up and running again (and only took that long because I used all hand tools, took my time, and added anti seize and dielectric grease to stuff)
I thought you could only replace the regulators on the 60 amp versions? Sounds like it was an easy job. How much was the part?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought you could only replace the regulators on the 60 amp versions? Sounds like it was an easy job. How much was the part?
60 amp is bolted to the back of the assembly, not a separate assembly (and a heck of a lot cheaper to replace)

TrailworthyFab sells them for about $260 shipped for a used one. Looking around, new ones are in the $500+ range.
On the 200 amp the regulator is external to the generator, just a big box bolted to the top of it.

To steal a picture from the 503 forum

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@Coug Ah, ok. The 200a is easier to replace but more costly. Still, $500 has to be less expensive than replacing the whole thing.
Yup, very true. I assume that's why more people with older trucks don't do the upgrade.
Not that very many of us in the civilian world really NEED 5kw of electrical generation, but occasionally it's nice (like the 1kw inverter in my BEOD that I can run power tools off of)

Chief B

Ah-ha... I have discovered that my stop lights don't come on without pressing the pedal pretty hard. I wonder how long I've been screwing up the people following me when I stop the truck? I feel guilty about that. :oops:

I found the stop light switch adjustment procedure and even the PS Magazine clip that corrects the -20-2 manual, so I'll get right on that this afternoon.
Mine did the same thing when I got it. I only found out because my wife followed me one day. It is a pretty easy adjustment, just a lot easier with a second set of eyes so you can adjust and test till it works as you want.

Thumper580

FINALLY got the fan clutch fixed....what misery. I've had the three radiator stack off and on FOUR times...... Antifreeze, engine oil, ATF..
Bought a rebuilt fan clutch....it leaked...:mad:.....
Sent it back for a refund and bought a new one from KASCAR and WOW.... It works and no leaks.. WOOHOO.
If I never take the radiator stack off again it will be too soon.
IMG_20201025_104110467.jpg

Ajax MD

Mine did the same thing when I got it. I only found out because my wife followed me one day. It is a pretty easy adjustment, just a lot easier with a second set of eyes so you can adjust and test till it works as you want.

I got it done. I didn't have extra eyes so I connected my multi-meter to the switch and just listened for the "beep" when I pressed the pedal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks