• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
my M1123 got tinted.
Limo tint in the back,
70% dark tint front windshield
70% side windows View attachment 916751
Nothing improves the poor visibility out of a HMMWV like ... hey, wait a minute...

I assume the windshield wipers are tied back (forward) to help you get the glass out, not because you put the tint on the outside?

Looks good though!

Last edited:

HUMMER H1

Nothing improves the poor visibility out of a HMMWV like ... hey, wait a minute...

I assume the windshield wipers are tied back (forward) to help you get the glass out, not because you put the tint on the outside?

Looks good though!
Haha kind sir you need to test drive 2017 to 2024 Tacoma and tell me about your results on poor visibility 😂
Humvee has a belt line seating position, that’s what makes side visibility excellent,

hood is positioned lower than 99% of modern SUVs Opening front approach visibility equal to most small sedans.

On the new Silverado and dodge ram hood visibility break-over angle is 24 to 31 ft,
On the humvee is 9 ft

they folded the wiper blades so the could do basic cut of the film from the outside and put it inside

Last edited:

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
think thas more a "out an about" topic than a "what have you done to your"

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
interesting to see the wrecked ones has supplemental red lights on the front corners and one of the "new" ones has a clear light. Are these mp units ? and those are flashers?

Also what is the wording on the license plates? Never seen tactical vehicles with road plates.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
interesting to see the wrecked ones has supplemental red lights on the front corners and one of the "new" ones has a clear light. Are these mp units ? and those are flashers?

Also what is the wording on the license plates? Never seen tactical vehicles with road plates.
It's a base that stores what they refer to as "reentry vehicles" so these are USMC security forces. I've seen both the red and the clear, but remember the clear might look clear but flash red - who knows. The license plates say USMC and "For official use only".

We corralled one of the contract maintenance guys and he had some really interesting tales of the way these vehicles are abused.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks