• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Predator42

Today I installed a set of Jeep TJ 96-02 stock high back seats in the HMMWV. Comfy and fit perfectly. I had to re drill the passenger seat cover and I had to cut the top section of the stock drivers seat off then bolted it all down. My back thanks me.
IMG_4160.jpg

Dock Rocker

Today I installed a set of Jeep TJ 96-02 stock high back seats in the HMMWV. Comfy and fit perfectly. I had to re drill the passenger seat cover and I had to cut the top section of the stock drivers seat off then bolted it all down. My back thanks me.
View attachment 610147
What drivers seat base do you have? The older style or the newer one that raises and lowers?

Also did you pull the factory track system off the jeep seat and bolt directly to the hmmwv seat base / battery cover or did you mount track and all?

A few more pics would be appreciated. I have a spare set of jeep seats laying around no so this would be an easy swap for me.

Predator42

What drivers seat base do you have? The older style or the newer one that raises and lowers?

Also did you pull the factory track system off the jeep seat and bolt directly to the hmmwv seat base / battery cover or did you mount track and all?

A few more pics would be appreciated. I have a spare set of jeep seats laying around no so this would be an easy swap for me.

Sorry I took quite a while to respond and then when I went to submit the forum was under maintenance so I lost it all. it is the old style seat base. I cut the top entirely off the base anything with the round tube section. I then used u bolts to bolt the seat to the rest of the frame and tightened it down. I think I will eventually add a steel plate below the drivers side seat and weld it all together but for now I was going for fitment. I did not use the factory track system as I wanted the seat as low as possible and no need to move it any further forward and could not go any further rearward. I started with a cardboard template and marked the holes, traced the seat base and transferred that to the passenger battery cover base, drilled the holes and reused the bolts from the passenger seat back as they were the right length without touching the batteries below. IMG_4172.jpgIMG_4173.jpgIMG_4174.jpgIMG_4178.jpgIMG_4183.jpgIMG_4187.jpgIMG_4188.jpgQuick update on the seats. Mine were kinda torn I got them for free so I went ahead and reached out to Bartact for some TJ seat covers in olive drab and coyote tan. these things are perfect for my application.As you can see the black walmart specials are crap. going to return them today.IMG_4219.jpgIMG_4216.jpgIMG_4215.jpgIMG_4217.jpg

Last edited:

Danny7478

Roof.jpg

What hard roof do you have on the M1152? I want to install a hard roof similar to that on my soft top m998. Looks great!!

Thanks

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My apologies for the maintenance and downtime. Trying to work on a few upgrades for the site. Unfortunately I am not able to know when someone is in the middle of a upload.

04mustang

Lol. I've got that kind of relationship with a few of my tools. Most of the time were cool, but then we can cuss at each other.

Its radio frequency indentification. Its used to keep track of equipment when it's moving around and overseas.
In fact it's the same technology that is in the little chips on military id cards.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We aren't using RFID's anymore...at least not where I'm stationed. Seems some ports use them, other don't.
its to provide ITV "intransit visibility" through GATES.

Predator42

Today I installed a platform to cover the rear cargo area. I am going to use it as a base for a tent, a way to cover and hide my tools in the bed, and as a shooting platform etc. easy project but worked as intended. IMG_4312.jpgIMG_4302.jpgIMG_4300.jpg

Predator42

IMG_4292.jpgIMG_4295.jpgIMG_4290.jpgIMG_4303.jpgIMG_4290.jpg

I just bought some 3/4" Plywood then had it cut 80" x 48" and had a piece that was left cut to 13 3/8" x 48" for the center support. I then measured in 4" and down 11" at the bottom and 8" at the top and cut the angle notch where the seatbelt brackets sit. I bought some T brackets and installed them from under neath so that the holes lined up with the existing holes from the troop seats I took off. I left a 2" edge all the way around the platform so that I could install other things like a roof rack or side rails etc in the future. The brackets keep the platform tight to the fenders. I coated it in the deck renew 10X tinted olive green from Home Depot to help weather proof it a bit.

Last edited:

sully199

Installed new bad a** light bar

the lights are installed.....
Additional benefit, works as a sun shade when driving to work at 7am.

hmmwv2.jpgHMMV1.jpgHMMWV3.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks