• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

infidel got me

Humvee latley

20160421_121615.jpg20160421_121643.jpg20160421_122114.jpg This is the next one were getting from Lake Butler next week or two. The G.P. lot guy Larry pulled it out for us and let us take it for a spin. Ex-Navy Seebees with 2200 miles on the clock. My buddy Dave scored on this one. Hopefully euc will clear next week. I forgot to add our lot guy said that G.P. is instructed to take off the deep fording kits prior to selling to public? Idk if this is true- just wondering if anyone else has heard of this. He said ours kinda slipped through.

Last edited:

86sa

Even though it says available for pickup as shown anything can and will be removed at any time. So much for truth in printed word.

EnteJager

Airlift.jpg

Finally got around to installing the airlift bumper and Rhino carrier.

The rear curtain is installed wrong I know, just makes it easier to take on and off in the nice weather.

Dock Rocker

I don't think I posted this here but I had the cab and bed sprayed with lizard skin. 2 gallons of sound deadener over two gallons of the heat barrier. All I can say is man what a difference. It quietened the interior down to almost normal levels. I highly recommend this if you plan on driving your truck.

You are correct it is an Australian product there are lots of different versions and distributors on line I just preferred this version. I purchased through Jaycar Electronic or jaycar.com.au and the model is: MP-3354. There are many versions from all types of companies so happy shopping. I going to order a second one for my MUTT.

jake-cutter

You are correct it is an Australian product there are lots of different versions and distributors on line I just preferred this version. I purchased through Jaycar Electronic or jaycar.com.au and the model is: MP-3354. There are many versions from all types of companies so happy shopping. I going to order a second one for my MUTT.
Did you hard wire it in?

I purchased a female cigarette connector that is actually wire into a power supply from dash with a water proof Y connector and male connector that supplies my dome lights. Not worried of over draw because all lights are LED that draws little to no amp/volts. The converter is plugged into that keeping the factor fuse in use. I'm placing a label to state 24V supply. All the plugs are water proof. I also used the original hole on the side wall that holds down the insulation mounting bracket.
IMG_4570.jpgIMG_4572.JPGIMG_4573.JPG

Last edited:

Dock Rocker

I finally slowed down and did some wiring for my electronic gadgets. I got my backup camera installed as well as my CB. I also mounted my ram mount for my phone or tablet and ran the wire to plug it into the amp and charge the phone /tablet.

My radio rack was pretty sad looking so I put a coat of textured flat black on it to match the lizard skin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks