• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Predator42

I had a local shop bend me some 1 5/8" tubing for a light bar. I didn't see anything out there under $300 and I wanted to be able to use clamp style light mounts vs fixed tabs in case my lighting needs changed. I had another HMMWV windshield frame so I left it with him and had him follow the outside edge to give extra protection to the soft top and to keep it out of my way and not block my line of sight as there are already enough blind spots to deal with. Anyway, since he had the material and I wasn't in a rush I had him fabricate 4 of them. I installed mine yesterday. If anyone is interested in one I have 3 left. I can get you the raw bar and the brackets I used and you can finish it up. Pm me. The mirrors will reinstall in their stock location. IMG_1210.jpgIMG_1216.jpgIMG_1212.jpgIMG_1205.jpgIMG_1207.jpgIMG_1194.jpg

Lawdog734

I took care of a couple of things yesterday with my slantback. While the headlights, marker lights and brake lights worked, the blinkers, dash lights and horn did not. So I swapped my light switch with a known good unit and voila - everything is working again as it should.

I also installed a Rhino spare tire carrier as well - talk about over engineered! While it's beefy and heavy, if it keeps me from having to manhandle a spare tire into place, I'll take it.

20160514_174751_zpsucjeu2po.jpg

tokarev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed my Rhino spare tire carrier on Friday along with the remainder of the Airlift bumper brackets. Saturday installed a new steering wheel. Most I've done in months.
IMG_1747.jpgIMG_1744.jpg

Bobthebuilder

Got mine from GP three weeks ago. Two new optima batteries, new hard doors, new starter, new flywheel and torque converter and freshened up the paint. Gonna LineX the bed next week. Wouldn't start when I got it and now it purrs like a cat now. A really big cat I suppose.
image.jpg

hummer4x4guy

Got the fully upgraded steering system done on the 6.4/4L80E project. Got parts on the new fuel tank. Changing out all hoses for low pressure power steering lines to Parker pushlok hose. Making things easier for future use. Ran new cooling lines and did some gasket/seal work on transmission adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hummer4x4guy

Got my transmission/tcase lines hooked up and then UPS finally showed up with more parts and I got my new defrost cable installed. So heater and defrost both have new cables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3000gt

They do fit nicely. They will rub at full turn but barely. Off road when suspension flexes it will touch but nothing major.

Does not touch the hood. Only worry is a have to cut driver side exhaust. Very close to tire:D

With all that being said (ON SMOOTH SURFACES WHERE U CAN GO FAST) the humvee drives like a truck! Handles 100% better. The new tires and rims are lighter than the POS tires that I took off.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks