• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Probably the fastest HMMWV with a stock engine. That is for ones that are not being airlifted or airdropped. Those ones in Germany were moving way faster on their way down.

Last edited:

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They do fit nicely. They will rub at full turn but barely. Off road when suspension flexes it will touch but nothing major.

Does not touch the hood. Only worry is a have to cut driver side exhaust. Very close to tire:D

With all that being said (ON SMOOTH SURFACES WHERE U CAN GO FAST) the humvee drives like a truck! Handles 100% better. The new tires and rims are lighter than the POS tires that I took off.
Things are coming right along with your repairs and upgrades. Looking good! I like the hard doors.

HUMVEE1

These are 40.0x17/16.5 old school Ground Hawgs. I like the look and the increased highway speeds, but a lift would be required to do any more than mud puddles off road. Goofing around with offsets and track can also mess up bearings and make a truck drive funny. Exacerbates alignment issues. Still, I do like to drive through mud and look at my tracks. Great in mud.

Attachments

Bobert

They do fit nicely. They will rub at full turn but barely. Off road when suspension flexes it will touch but nothing major.

Does not touch the hood. Only worry is a have to cut driver side exhaust. Very close to tire:D

With all that being said (ON SMOOTH SURFACES WHERE U CAN GO FAST) the humvee drives like a truck! Handles 100% better. The new tires and rims are lighter than the POS tires that I took off.
Looks like you could climb verticle walls if the winch wasn't there.

Predator42

I added the bolt on light brackets to my light bar and painted it, then did some final assembly for now. Next is to choose the right LED lights. I like the older round style, but am debating other options as well.and yes, that is a horned toad on my dash...image2.jpgimage4.jpgimage1.jpg

Last edited:

Lawdog734

I replaced the throttle position sensor for the 4L80 today - I tested the unit that was in it earlier and it wouldn't produce the needed voltage, even at the max setting. So I replaced it and had the correct voltage and then some. I drove it around earlier - no issues and great shifting. I don't want to say my problem is "fixed", since I've been burned before diagnosing this, but I'm feeling pretty optimistic at the moment.

Jackal

Just acquired two HMMWV's. One is in great shape, the other has electrical issues with the lighting system. I desperately need electrical drawings for the M998. Can someone steer me in the right direction? I see the tech manuals on this site, but I do not see electrical schematics. Am I missing something? Thanks all...

Jackal

Just acquired two HMMWV's. One is in great shape, the other has electrical issues with the lighting system. I desperately need electrical drawings for the M998. Can someone steer me in the right direction? I see the tech manuals on this site, but I do not see electrical schematics. Am I missing something? Thanks all...

I located the wiring drawings in the back of the technical manuals. They are easy to look at on the computer, but poor print quality. Does anyone have any electrical drawings on the M998 that are separate from the technical manuals?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks