• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

GMVguy

Finally got the brackets fabbed to mount the grab bars & running boards to the GMV. Almost ready for CARC.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting frame done on M1151 with Geared fan drive, this truck will have full frag 5 package, this frame is the 3 piece version, wilwood brakes, glycol cooled diffs, sheopard steering gear...it's gonna be a bad boy when done.

Attachments

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And finally, finished a 6.5NA GEp motor with 4L80E,242 comversion for a customer...simply amazing what an extra gear makes. Shifts like a dream, hauls a**.
the GEP came from southern metals...one of the take outs, had about 6800 miles on it. Full serpintine setup.

Jon0249

Sorry, was replying to a prior post on how I found the internal harness/connector was buggered.

Having issues adding pictures to my posts - any suggestions from anyone having the same problem? I get a faded, locked screen...

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finished the coolant system drain and fill yesterday. Took a couple days of searching to find replacement hoses. But I managed to source the materials locally. I didn't realize how hard it would be to get 2 inch or larger inside diameter hoses.
Still having some stalling problems when leading off the accelerator quickly. Will probably get to that after the open and inspect of the hubs.
Bulldogger

infidel got me

Bulldogger, did you happen to change your fuel filter. Reason I ask--is because ours is doing the same thing. Runs like a champ down the road, let off the gas as coming to a stop, stalls out. Fires right back up. I'm going to try and crack an injector when I get it back in the shop. I have read that they can trap air, even if you drive the shi7 out of it afterwards.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Igm, yes. I replaced the fuel filter and water strainer. Also drained the fuel tank. It's only had about 7-8 gallons idling since.
I'm running injector cleaner through it now, and figure I won't worry until I've had some highway time. But the TM only said to crank until it starts, mentioned nothing about "cracking an injector" so I'm not sure what that is. If that's a good diesel trick, I'm all ears. This is my first diesel.

Bulldogger.

infidel got me

Cracking an injector is a term used to describe bleeding air. You simply start the truck and crack or loosen the fuel line that screws directly onto your injector. You only have to do it for several seconds, then retighten fuel line. You can do this a few times and it will purge any trapped air. I have done this on chevy pickups and fixed them. If anyone has another way, chime in. The injectors on the passenger side of engine seem to be easier to get at. Hope this helps and let us know the results.

Another Ahab

Cracking an injector is a term used to describe bleeding air. You simply start the truck and crack or loosen the fuel line that screws directly onto your injector. You only have to do it for several seconds, then retighten fuel line..
So how do you know when it needs to be done; like what is the indicator, sound of idle or something?

infidel got me

AA--it's a fix for the diesel engine after the fuel system has been opened or run out of fuel. Bulldogger and I are having a stalling issue after a fuel filter change. Usually after the engine fires you can drive it like you stole it and it will purge the air on it's own, but not the case here. So, if your engine is running fine cracking an injector is not normal procedure. By no means trying to be sarcastic.

Another Ahab

AA--it's a fix for the diesel engine after the fuel system has been opened or run out of fuel. Bulldogger and I are having a stalling issue after a fuel filter change. Usually after the engine fires you can drive it like you stole it and it will purge the air on it's own, but not the case here. So, if your engine is running fine cracking an injector is not normal procedure. By no means trying to be sarcastic.
No, I get it; thanks! I'm trying to learn what I can here, and guys like you here are the best instructors anybody can get. I appreciate the clarifications, big time. :beer:

infidel got me

I'm more of a show me how to fish kinda guy. Sometimes I type what I mean to say but it confuses the person cyphering it. What I'm meaning to say is sometimes I cant say it, I have to show it. So, if I ramble on without making sense just tell me and I will try to clarify. THANKS,

WILL

Another Ahab

I'm more of a show me how to fish kinda guy. Sometimes I type what I mean to say but it confuses the person cyphering it. What I'm meaning to say is sometimes I cant say it, I have to show it. So, if I ramble on without making sense just tell me and I will try to clarify. THANKS,

WILL
Oh, Brother; please don't show it. Not here! That'll shut down this thread for sure.

:naner::mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks